Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2015, 04:35 AM   #1
stuguy909
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 37
Default

One more thought. I would like to borrow your installer scripting services when I have my displaylink init.d package working. I am using init.d so the software loads on RC5. Like I stated earlier, I want to make the USB detection the parent condition for all other services or threads. I would like to add a code segment to your install script when I have the auto detection working. The idea is adding a bit of code that lists your connected monitors after the driver is started. I would like for a text prompt to load up all of your monitors and ask you to enter which provider is the reference, and which are the positioned monitors. This would then create a permanent config file that would be loaded every time the script package is started. I think this is a good idea because random internet people will have something that just works and they won't have to do a lot of tweaking. If we make the scripts detailed enough, then other distros can borrow the ideas / code base for their project.
stuguy909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:48 AM   #2
marek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Default

Hi all,

I have installed the drivers but after enabling extra screen in Gnome Screens management, it crashes X server and I need to log in again. Using Debian 8.2.

Output of dmesg can be found on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/ugVgQ5Vk
The DisplayLink logs can be found under that url: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3_...ew?usp=sharing

Any thoughs why this is happening?

Thanks,
Marek

Last edited by marek; 10-22-2015 at 11:12 AM.
marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
guerrierk
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 21
Default

Hi Marek,

I don't found anything that could explain why your X crashes un your dmesg... The DL logs may help but I can't read them. Some people of DL team will certainly talk about it.

Could you post your Xserver's error log please ?

Thx
guerrierk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #4
marek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Default

Hi Guerrierk,

Thanks for the reply. I pasted my Xorg logs here http://pastebin.com/y56ekUR9

Thanks,
Marek
marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:42 PM   #5
marek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Default

I have installed Xfce on my Debian and I am getting now extra message error when trying to enable extra screen. The message is:

Code:
The last active output must not be disabled, the system would be unusable.
Therefore, the question is what to do with that issue?
marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #6
marek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Default

Reinstalled yesterday to Ubuntu 14.04.2 and it was working all fine. Reinstalled back to Debian 8.2 with LXDE and couldn't get it working.

My laptop is running with hybrid video cards which are: Intel HD Graphics 5500 and AMD Radeon R7 M270

Can there be an issue with video card drivers? Which one I should be using?

Last edited by marek; 10-23-2015 at 10:32 AM.
marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:46 PM   #7
fooctrl
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 11
Default

@marek, and everybody else interested.

I made a DisplayLink driver installer for Debian (Jessie/Stretch/Sid)

It works regardless of your kernel version.

displaylink-debian licence is GPLv3 and if you’d like to add any changes or to extend it to any other distribution then Debian, be my guest!
fooctrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:32 PM   #8
k_t
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1
Question Kernel problem Ubuntu with kernel 4.4 (not using this installer yet)

Might this installer (which"works regardless of your kernel version") work on Ubuntu (for DOCK110REU)?

The DL installer incorrectly concludes my kernel is too old (4.4 > 3.14):

$ sudo ./displaylink-driver-1.0.68.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing DisplayLink Linux Driver 1.0.68 100%
DisplayLink Linux Software 1.0.68 install script called: install
Distribution discovered: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa
Unsatisfied dependencies. Missing component: Kernel version 4.4.0-0-exton is too old. At least 3.14 is required.
This is a fatal error, cannot install DisplayLink Linux Software.

Please let me know the right place to ask this question if not here. Will be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooctrl View Post
@marek, and everybody else interested.

I made a DisplayLink driver installer for Debian (Jessie/Stretch/Sid)

It works regardless of your kernel version.

displaylink-debian licence is GPLv3 and if you’d like to add any changes or to extend it to any other distribution then Debian, be my guest!
k_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
debian

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.