Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2015, 07:25 AM   #4
MisterFlicker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4
Default

Confirming that my mouse cursor is also flickering / becoming invisible under Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS.

I have a two monitor setup, with a BenQ GW2760S as the main monitor, and a Orico DU3H-BK running the secondary monitor. Both monitors using HDMI. These are connected to a Dell Inspiron 5749 laptop. Display setup is configured to disable the inbuilt laptop monitor. I am using the default X.Org X server "Nouveau" display driver.

The cursor flickers most of the time, when it is moved. It also flickers when stationary, but only when typing with the keyboard. However, I notice that the mouse cursor tends to become completely invisible when I open, close or switch between windows. Perhaps invisibility occurs on increased CPU and/or GPU load? I think.
The mouse cursor only becomes invisible / flickers on the main monitor, not on the Displaylink monitor. The mouse cursor seems to behave whilst on the Displaylink monitor. Is it becoming jealous and/or anxiously nervous when it is away from its favourable Displaylink monitor? Possibly dealing with a driver-enabled emotional problem here.

I have tried connecting to various USB ports, both on-board, and via a USB hub, the problem still persists.

uname -a:
3.19.0-28-generic #30~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 1 09:32:55 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks for supporting Linux and Open Source software! You are loved.
MisterFlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.