![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
|
Hi,
The items marked VEN_1B73&DEV_1100 are the drivers for the Fresco Logic USB hub inside your D5000 dock. These are needed for the rest of the dock to function. These are supplied by the dock installation package - please see this URL for more information: http://www.dell.com/support/article/...9/SLN285303/EN This recommends installing the software first and then connecting the dock. Thanks, James |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 15
|
OK, new issue.
I had our IT group re-image my entire workstation. After it was complete i preformed the following steps: 1) Installed the Wigig driver: Network_Application_V6DXH_WN_1.5.16.881_A06.EXE 2) Installed Displaylink 7.92M.exe All worked flawlessly. I then closed my laptop and went to a meeting, came back and I'm back to the same issue, display not working, but now I can no longer connect to the dock at all. I tried uninstalling both displaylink and dock and then reinstalling, but no luck. I am very frustrated and don't understand the issue. Could this be hardware failure? How can I test the dock to determine its working, along with display ports? I am very desperate and just want my displays to work, they have been for 2 years and now poof, no longer working and don't understand why. Any help is immensely appreciated. Jason |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 15
|
Logs Attached
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 15
|
UPDATE:
I was able to get everything working again by uninstalling and reinstalling the following in the order below: 1) Network_Driver_F2C1D_WN_10.0.0.268_A02.EXE 2) Network_Application_P6KRF_WN_1.8.5.1280_A09.EXE 3) DisplayLink_7.9M3.exe The trick seems to to be when first connected, a diaglog box needs to appear to indicate connecting for the first time. This continues as new devices are recognized and Windows will indicate the devices found (e.g., Displaylink, usb, etc.). This did not always appear for me. Just hoping it continues to function when undock later. -J |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 15
|
Back to the same issue. I closed my laptop and ran to a meeting. I come back to my desk and the dock light turns blue and D5000 software indicates green and connected, but no display on my 2 monitors.
What am I missing.. Why does the dock initially function after install but then stops? I tried unplugging the dock and closing and opening D5000 software, no luck. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 15
|
Quick Update: If I restart my laptop and then use the D5000 software to connect, all connects correctly. It seems something is preventing me from undocking (just closing the lid) and walking away and then coming back and it does not re-sync and display.
Is there anyway to know what might be causing this or best way to troubleshoot? Thanks, Jason Last edited by jmill130; 10-27-2015 at 04:31 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2
|
I know this doesn't solve the original poster's issues but I'd like to report that I had Dell support walk me thru fully removing the "D5000 Wireless Dock" software by Wilocity and the "Dell USB Docking Software" software by Dell and then clean installing DisplayLink 7.9M3. It's worth noting that Dell had me use the free version of "Revo Uninstaller" to uninstall the apps AND clean up all the drivers from the application folders normally left behind in a standard uninstall.
After doing this I'm happy to report I am able to reliably get my AOC USB monitors working on this laptop as well as have them work when plugged in before boot or have the laptop go to sleep and wake up while still connected to the display. I was able to confirm that the D5000 Dock uses a DisplayLink chipset and they agreed that if my monitor didn't run off the version of the DisplayLink driver they have baked in to their dock software I "may" have issues loading a current version on top. So, back to the OP's issue, perhaps you're trying to update using the driver on this site above and beyond the dell-supplied driver's version is causing your issue?Would the 7.9 driver you tried have tried to upgrade the firmware in the dell dock and created an issue between the older dell displaylink driver and the now [possibly] upgraded firmware? Just throwing thoughts around... Maybe due to files being left behind you may want to just try removing all the USB dock software and displaylink with Revo Uninstaller and ONLY reinstalling the newest Dell provided dock drivers with their included version of displaylink? Just a thought... |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|