![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 41
|
No, I am saying that the J5create device works and you may wish to purchase one of those devices instead.
The manufacturer of my device (Pluggable) is considering switching to the chips that they use (I believe it was MTA or something like that) as a result of this in the future. I have to say that their support has been excellent, but has been limited by DisplayLink's lack of support on this matter. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,561
|
Hi All
I have updated the status of our Mac development here: http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2007 Wim |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 41
|
Quote:
If you fix the login screen not appearing, all other issues should fix themselves as well. Could we possibly get a beta of the 1.8.1 to test out with? We use these for business, luckily the manufacturer of our device has been very kind and offered us refunds, but I would still like to have them working properly instead, as I like their company better than the competition that already has drivers that work properly out. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
|
Will the update fix generally lag in window events? How about a weird screen glitch that causes a double of my cursor to appear?
Thanks |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,561
|
I'm looking at what we can do to release a beta, with minimal impact on the engineering team.
Once we have the architecture, we hope it will fix all the weird issues users are seeing. I'm sure there will be new problems with the first beta releases of 2.0 we do, but the new architecture and code base should make it much easier to find solutions and fixes. Wim |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 41
|
Quote:
I like you chips a bit better, as they seem to run faster when they work and I like the manufacturer that we are dealing with that uses your chips, so I want this to work, but it is going to need to do so soon. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
|
I appreciate the information update, however the problem that I see is the sheer amount of time that has elapsed since Mountain Lion shipped. Even that has now progressed to 10.8.2 and could easily jump up again before a Display Link Beta.
I also think that it is totally wrong not to mention this to unsuspecting new users of the Display Link driver, (that it is NOT compatible with Mountain Lion). Your download page suggests that it is Mountain Lion suitable, when clearly this is not the case. I implore to speed up the process and remove the broken driver from your download page. Last edited by paulmj21; 10-14-2012 at 10:14 AM. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| login screen, mountain lion |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|