![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
|
I'm not really linux savvy, correct me if i'm wrong, but looks like you might need to update GCC for that kernel.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
|
Quote:
Currently using gcc 5.3 (the latest, released in 12/2015). On my hardware, I've hit an interesting conundrum... In order to get my touchpad, touchscreen, wifi, and sound to work I had to upgrade to kernel 4.6... In order to COMPILE kernel 4.6, I needed gcc 5+. The issue is that the kernel module here is linking to old kernel headers that have changed DRM in the latest release (the repo given in this thread patches it). However, they have not upgraded to GCC 5 which changes some flags that have been removed. What actually needs to happen is DisplayLink needs to get off their lazy asses and fix shit once in a while. They're over a year behind on kernel/gcc releases.
__________________
Hardware: Lenovo Yoga 900 OS: Linux Mint 18 Kernel: 4.7 Dock: Thinkpad Ultra USB3 Dock Last edited by dnb; 04-13-2016 at 07:56 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4
|
Hello,
I also run into same problem on Debian Testing with linux 4.5.0 Code:
# more /var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/make.log
DKMS make.log for evdi-1.0.335 for kernel 4.5.0-1-amd64 (x86_64)
Pá dub 22 09:00:10 CEST 2016
make KBUILD_VERBOSE=1 SUBDIRS=/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build SRCROOT=/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build CONFIG_MODULE_SIG= -C /lib/modules/4.5.0-1-amd64/build modules
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-amd64'
Makefile:10: *** mixed implicit and normal rules: deprecated syntax
make -C /usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-amd64 KBUILD_SRC=/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common \
-f /usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/Makefile modules
test -e include/generated/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || ( \
echo >&2; \
echo >&2 " ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid."; \
echo >&2 " include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\
echo >&2 " Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it."; \
echo >&2 ; \
/bin/false)
mkdir -p /var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/.tmp_versions ; rm -f /var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/.tmp_versions/*
make -f /usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/scripts/Makefile.build obj=/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build
gcc-5 -Wp,-MD,/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/.evdi_drv.o.d -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/include -I/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/gene
rated -I/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/include -Iinclude -I/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/uapi
-include /usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/include/linux/kconfig.h -I/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declarat
ion -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=ker
nel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_A
VX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=2048 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused
-but-set-variable -fno-var-tracking-assignments -g -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -DCC_
HAVE_ASM_GOTO -I/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/include/drm -Iinclude/drm -DMODULE -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(evdi_drv)" -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(evdi)" -c -o /var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/.tmp_evd
i_drv.o /var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/evdi_drv.c
if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/evdi_drv.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount "/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/evdi_drv.o"; fi; fi;
gcc-5 -Wp,-MD,/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/.evdi_modeset.o.d -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/include -I/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/arch/x86/include -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/
generated -I/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/include -Iinclude -I/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/arch/x86/include/uapi -Iarch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/include/uapi -Iinclude/generated/
uapi -include /usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/include/linux/kconfig.h -I/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-decl
aration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel
=kernel -funit-at-a-time -maccumulate-outgoing-args -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_
AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=2048 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-un
used-but-set-variable -fno-var-tracking-assignments -g -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -
DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -I/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/include/drm -Iinclude/drm -DMODULE -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(evdi_modeset)" -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(evdi)" -c -o /var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/
.tmp_evdi_modeset.o /var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/evdi_modeset.c
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/evdi_modeset.c:124:16: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
.fb_create = evdi_fb_user_fb_create,
^
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/evdi_modeset.c:124:16: note: (near initialization for ‘evdi_mode_funcs.fb_create’)
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/evdi_modeset.c: In function ‘evdi_modeset_init’:
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/evdi_modeset.c:148:3: error: too many arguments to function ‘drm_dev_set_unique’
drm_dev_set_unique(dev, "%s", dev_name(dev->dev));
^
In file included from /var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/evdi_modeset.c:14:0:
/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/include/drm/drmP.h:1071:5: note: declared here
int drm_dev_set_unique(struct drm_device *dev, const char *name);
^
/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/scripts/Makefile.build:263: recipe for target '/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/evdi_modeset.o' failed
make[4]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build/evdi_modeset.o] Error 1
/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-common/Makefile:1408: recipe for target '_module_/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build' failed
make[3]: *** [_module_/var/lib/dkms/evdi/1.0.335/build] Error 2
Makefile:146: recipe for target 'sub-make' failed
make[2]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
Makefile:8: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.5.0-1-amd64'
Makefile:18: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Thanks |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1
|
Hi,
Below my modified script and evdi patch: https://github.com/emavap/displaylink-debian It is based on https://github.com/AdnanHodzic/displaylink-debian and https://github.com/sinfomicien/displ...-evdi-opensuse The script will automatically patch evdi and proceed with install/uninstall |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|