Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
APT
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Default

Attached is the advanced diagnostics that was run while the screen was black.

Just to repeat the issue I am seeing with this:

After the Windows 10 1607 upgrade, the screen is black when first connected to the USB adapter. I then press Windows+P several times to switch to another mode like "Duplicate" or "Extend". Wait a few seconds and the second monitor comes on, then switch it to "Second Screen Only". If I unplug the USB I have the repeat the above steps again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LAPTOP-SK272KNG_20160825_132613.zip (6.19 MB, 0 views)
APT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
AlbanRampon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,685
Default

Thank you APT,
I will need a bit more time to analyse this with engineering, and may need to ask Microsoft for advice.
Your finding with the Windows+P is surprising but extremely useful!
Kind regards,
Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by APT View Post
Attached is the advanced diagnostics that was run while the screen was black.

Just to repeat the issue I am seeing with this:

After the Windows 10 1607 upgrade, the screen is black when first connected to the USB adapter. I then press Windows+P several times to switch to another mode like "Duplicate" or "Extend". Wait a few seconds and the second monitor comes on, then switch it to "Second Screen Only". If I unplug the USB I have the repeat the above steps again.
__________________
Alban Rampon
Senior product manager, universal docking stations and accessories

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:55 AM   #3
FaresCharrabe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Berlin - Germany
Posts: 1
Default black screen after Windows 10 1607 upgrade

I got the same problem after the Windows 10 1607 upgrade, the screen is black.

Attached you find my support information created by DisplayLink Support Tool.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Fares
Attached Files
File Type: zip CHARRABE_XB_20160909_091619.zip (1.96 MB, 2 views)
FaresCharrabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
Wim
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaresCharrabe View Post
I got the same problem after the Windows 10 1607 upgrade, the screen is black.

Attached you find my support information created by DisplayLink Support Tool.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Fares
Thanks for the logs. It looks like the DisplayLink USB driver is not running for some reason. Could you try uninstalling the DisplayLink driver from under "Display Adapters" in device manager, then replug the device to get the driver from Windows update.

Hopefully this will solve the issue.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black screen, lenovo usb 2.0, windows 10 1607

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.