Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
Joachim Martillo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 21
Default Working but sluggish with HDMI

I have been distracted with certification testing and have not had a chance to spend any time on this problem. Chromium was upgraded over the weekend, and now it has the same problem as Chrome. Now I have a place to start looking. (Chromium 55.0.2883.87 versus earlier versions.) And I have a fairly good idea of the nature of the problem.

Mozilla Firefox does not exhibit any sluggishness issue.

I'm free on the 27th if I pass.

Using the HDMI connector did not make a difference in the sluggishness problem on my system, but I am using the D1000 docking station and Ubuntu 16.10 (on an XPS-13). Thus I have an HDMI-to-HDMI connector between the HannStar Display and the D1000, which connects to the XPS-13 through the USB-C connector.

Last edited by Joachim Martillo; 12-19-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Joachim Martillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #2
cram01
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1
Default Still a problem!

Hello everyone,
I have a Dell XPS 13 9360 and I am using ist with the Dockingstation D3100. I have connected 2 NEC Multisync EA221WMe via HDMI-DVI connectors. I experience the same problems: every software based on the chrome-engine (Chromium, Chrome, Vivaldi, Atom) is very slow. But only on the external monitors. If I use the same application on the laptop-screen it works fine. If I put it onto one of the NECs it is becoming unusable. Other applications are free from these problems but I admit, that there are slight delays as well which is noticeable when writing in textareas in Firefox for example.
One thing is really weird: When the window of the Chrome-Browser reaches into the laptop-screen, the slowness disappears on the NEC-screen!

I have installed ubuntu 16.04 and the displaydriver version 1.3.52. The USB-port is installed as USB 3.0 device. Network, keyboard and mouse connected to the same docking device are working fine.
cram01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.