Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
AlbanRampon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,685
Arrow

Thank you for all these files and details,

I have a clearer picture of what is taking place.
First, 7.9 driver is not suitable for Windows 10 Anniversary Update onwards. It requires 8.0 minimum.
After you install 7.9 manually, Windows Update will break it when adding 8.2. But that's not the only root cause of your issues. When upgrading Windows, the OS is designed to cleanly remove old versions, but not when adding them later.

The main root cause comes from USB communication issues. There are difficulties setting the secure channel. When negotiation fails a few times, it stops trying. The reason why insisting works is because it eventually errors take place at a non-critical time. I believe the removal of third party things is just a coincidence: even when it passes, Windows USB driver reports errors.
I see the first 30 minutes seem to have recoverable errors, but then I wonder if you've got the computer going to sleep and has issues resuming.

Would you be able to run our cleaner to get rid of all 8.2, then install the latest driver from our website (8.4 M2) before connecting the docking station?

Then, I would advise trying with another USB 3.0 cable or change to USB 2.0 to see if the behaviour changes. Ultimately, because the USB channel is not clean, the driver and chip can't talk. What we are trying here is to check what influences the quality of the link.
If you could provide new logs gathered after this, I can look at the errors to see if the situation has improved.

Kind regards,
Alban
__________________
Alban Rampon
Senior product manager, universal docking stations and accessories

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:44 AM   #2
cros82
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3
Default New File

Hi, I did that, however I dont have another cable I have ordered one. It still does not work the file is attached. thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip TOSHIBA-P840_20180309_203401.zip (2.74 MB, 1 views)
cros82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #3
AlbanRampon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,685
Default

Hello,

You can force USB2 by not fully inserting the USB Type-A end in the host connector, or by borrowing a printer cable.
I still see errors and device being dropped.
Our USB driver is a bit more stubborn than the Windows inbox one, but because you use an nVidia card for which they might still update drivers, I am unable to advise you to force using the old driver architecture on this as a graphics update might block the computer from booting.

At this stage, I would advise contacting the manufacturer to discuss hardware support.
Unless the cable or some USB3.0 lines are damaged, whatever we do here is not going to cure anything, we are only trying to mitigate the impact...

Kind regards,
Alban
__________________
Alban Rampon
Senior product manager, universal docking stations and accessories

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
windows 10

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.