Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
daan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 9
Question

When will support for 1200x1600 portrait mode be added? I still can't use my portrait-landscape-portrait setup (which has cost me an arm and a leg).
daan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
RainbowShooter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daan View Post
When will support for 1200x1600 portrait mode be added? I still can't use my portrait-landscape-portrait setup (which has cost me an arm and a leg).
SNAP!

Another vote for needing rotation soon!
RainbowShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #3
daan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowShooter View Post
SNAP!

Another vote for needing rotation soon!
YES

And more resolutions.
daan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #4
jsox78
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1
Default

I appreciate the progress, but at this point I'm still having all types of issues.

I'm currently running a 2016 13" MacBook Pro on 10.13.5 Beta 5 with the latest DisplayLink Beta Driver 4.3 Beta 4.

I can get things up and running, but it seems that something crashes every few minutes as the displays go blank and then come back after 5 to 10 seconds.

I'm running two Dell P2016 monitors connected to a Startech DK30CH2DPPD via DisplayPort.

Looking forward to finally getting this resolved.
jsox78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:42 AM   #5
foxfire
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2
Default Microsoft strategy

Last year, I was at a tech conference where Satya Nadella said "Over the coming years, we are deploying an aggressive strategy to increase our Windows user base significantly".

Now it makes sense.

Seriously though, my entire set up doesn't work anymore and cost me a ton of money, all to be undone by a MacOS update not playing nicely with DL software. This is a massive liability since I rely on it professionally. With this knowledge, I need to investigate what I can do as to not rely on DL software going forward. Even if DL fixes it for the current release version of MacOS, we could be having the same issue & conversation after the next MacOS update. My confidence in DL software for MacOS has - unfortunately - all but disappeared.

*dusting off Windows for Dummies*
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:44 PM   #6
Wozzy
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 58
Default

What is the ETA for a final release.

Betas are all well and good and we can see progress but we will not distribute a beta to our users.

What we need to see is more resolutions and easier setup.
Wozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
State_from_Jake_Farm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Come on people please be patient! They will release a new version sometime within our lifetimes!

And let us try to be fair, it's not like they were aware of this issue since Mac OS X 10.13.4 Beta 1 was released on 1/24/2018.
State_from_Jake_Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.