![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2
|
I am also experiencing the same issue as the OP. Similar set up with the dell dock.
Are there any known workarounds to keep it at 90 degrees rotated (portrait) without the lag. Currently using the portrait mode monitor for my code but it is horrendously laggy when typing in it. Thanks |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2
|
Found a workaround for anyone still having issues with this.
I'm running an MBA 2018 with 2 USB-C ports and the Dell D6000 dock. Currently because the dock handles all the inputs i need plus also charge the mba, i'm currently only using 1 USB-C port. So for the 90degree rotated monitor that is currently laggy, i've purchased a USB-C to Displayport cable and used the remaining USB-C port on the laptop to connect to the screen directly. No more lag and the monitor is much more usable. I just have a gripe with visual studio on mac which is another issue altogether. Cant take credit for this solution, it was mentioned in this post: https://support.displaylink.com/foru...ns-on-mac-os-x Hope it helps! |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
|
Yeah this works, I've had to recommend this to users in our offices. We also use this workaround with 4k screens, as there seem to be issues with display scaling at 4k res on Macs. https://support.displaylink.com/know...0x1080-resolut
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2
|
I am having the same issue. Only on the rotated display but not all the time. And I don't even have to have anything intense running either. it will just randomly start and stop
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 5
|
This is a serious bug or design flaw and it is pretty poor customer service that NOT a single explanation has been offered by DisplayLink for months and months. Can we get a response????
![]() The workaround is laughable for many of us who have purchased a DisplayLink dock device precisely because we want to avoid having to plug in multiple cables. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 2
|
I see the same issue of slow frame rate with Apple Macbook Pro and Dell D6000 with rotated screen. Is there any plans for a fix for this issue?
Thanks! |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 1
|
I've also just come across this problem with a Macbook and AOC I1659FWUX when the screen is rotated. I'm happy with the performance in landscape, but when in portrait mode one CPU hits 100% and all interactions with the display are very laggy.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 2
|
Are there any good Mac docks that do not need DisplayLink to run multiple monitors?
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|