Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
DJ Rizzo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Default Same issue - workaround

I have a user experiencing the same issue. The workaround I found was that first I have him put the system to sleep (AppleLogo-->Sleep) then remove the MacBook Pro from the dock. The internal screen will then work when the computer is woken up.

However this is not a replacement for a proper fix. Can anyone at DisplayLink provide an update on this? Thanks.
DJ Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:32 AM   #2
jims
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 5
Default

Same issue. I have to restart my MacBook Pro (2018) EVERY time I unplug from my DisplayLink dock. Very annoying for productivity or going to meetings.

When the dock is unplugged, the MacBook still thinks the external monitor is connected.

I have tried using the Command + Brightness Down reset trick, but it does not help.

How do I tell my mac to reset my display back to JUST the Retina Display?
jims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #3
jims
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 5
Default

A few days later and still no response from the company...
jims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
bdickson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Default Me too

So annoying! Please fix this!!!
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:01 AM   #5
simoncoz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Default Me to

Experiencing the same issue with:


MBP 15" 2018
macOS 10.14.5
DisplayLink 5.2

ThinkPad USB-C Hybrid dock
monitor 1 -> DisplayLink via USB-C -> Dock via DisplayPort to Monitor (Lenovo p24h-10)
monitor 2 -> USB-C to Monitor

Have to reboot my machine to get built-in display working again.
simoncoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.