Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
davbryan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbryan View Post
To add more information -- according to my purchase history it looks like my version of display link is UD-3900
From what I can tell, updating to version 1909 hasn't made any changes.

I do notice that the delay only seems to happen in Firefox. However, different sites have different issues. For example, Youtube and Netflix, although but have delays the delay is different. For Youtube it's like it gets stuck and then catches up, but is forever in a loop. For Netflix it seems as though it's more fluid but it still has issues keeping up with the player.

I've already checked Firefox's settings and it's set for max performance.

I've checked my computers resources when this is happening and it's not near max, it's about where you'd expect for the performance to be.
davbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #2
davbryan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbryan View Post
From what I can tell, updating to version 1909 hasn't made any changes.

I do notice that the delay only seems to happen in Firefox. However, different sites have different issues. For example, Youtube and Netflix, although but have delays the delay is different. For Youtube it's like it gets stuck and then catches up, but is forever in a loop. For Netflix it seems as though it's more fluid but it still has issues keeping up with the player.

I've already checked Firefox's settings and it's set for max performance.

I've checked my computers resources when this is happening and it's not near max, it's about where you'd expect for the performance to be.
Found this, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...e-acceleration

I'll give this a try asap and report back what I've found.
davbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
davbryan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbryan View Post
Found this, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...e-acceleration

I'll give this a try asap and report back what I've found.
Also found this, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1108988

This looks more promising.
davbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:31 PM   #4
davbryan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbryan View Post
Also found this, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1108988

This looks more promising.
So far it seems like this has really helped. I haven't noticed much of an increased strain on the hardware either.

Will continue testing over time and report back if anything changes.

I'm now also running on Windows 10 1909 and Firefox 70.0.1
davbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #5
davbryan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbryan View Post
So far it seems like this has really helped. I haven't noticed much of an increased strain on the hardware either.

Will continue testing over time and report back if anything changes.

I'm now also running on Windows 10 1909 and Firefox 70.0.1
So far everything seems to be running better. Seems odd that I had to change the default settings, but alas what can you do?
davbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.