Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #71
Galactican

+1 for this issue with a Lenovo X1 Carbon. I've verified via video that it is the whole screen that is freezing.
Galactican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #72
rmvm

Default Was the Displaylink dock + Windows 8 = fuzzy lag on extended screen -ever fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Yep - this has come up in similar threads. I think we have managed to reproduce something similar and investigating this at the moment. Hopefully we will have a fix for this in the next release that hopefully will fix these issues on the forum.

Thanks

Wim
Hi Wim,

I'm facing the same problem where two of my monitors are connected to the dock using DVI-I and DVI-D respectively and the one with DVI-I is showing the lag with my laptop (Lenovo YOGA-13) running Windows 8 enterprise version.

It's the worst user experience. Please help.

-Rmvm
rmvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #73
jme

Sorry for the delay. Yes! I just checked this with the video method you mentioned Wim. Video + mouse froze at same time.

ALSO though, the mouse speed lags without video problems. For example, I move the mouse around and it doesn't always move at the same pointer speed. Sometimes it moves very, very slow and has this "lead" feeling to pointing around. I have the mouse settings on my computer for "Motion Settings" all the way to fast. Sometimes I have to pick up my mouse to get it to move to the other side of the screen... (meaning I have to pick it up, move it to the right side of my mouse pad, then move it again to the left to get it to track across the screen all the way to the left).
jme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #74
Sean33

I'm on a similar set-up getting mouse lag and blurry icon/text when connected to my port replicator.

Set-up:
Lenovo X1 Carbon Touch running BIOS 2.53
Lenovo USB Port 3.0
2 Samsung 2043BWX Monitors connected via DVI
Running DisplayLink Driver 7.2.46733.0 - This is what is showing after installing the most recent 7.2 M1 drivers

Experience:
The mouse feels like it is running on a low FPS setting. Similar to the mouse movement you get your system drags running a video game at low FPS. There are input delays and mouse freezes. Working with this lag is near impossible for long periods due to always having to do tiny movements in the mouse to correct for the lag.

Fuzzy images text occur when there are changes on the screen. The best example is changing folders in Outlook. Clicking on a new folder results in all the text in the program flickering through two or three different levels of blur. This also happens to taskbar icons.

I'm not seeing the video hang ups other are reporting, the system as a whole just seems to be running very slow.
Sean33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #75
jme

little update....

I found another mouse in the closet - was using a Microsoft wireless keyboard 3000 v2 and Microsoft wireless mouse 5000 that use a single dongle.

I got out another mouse - Microsoft wireless mouse 5000 that has a separate dongle to itself. Working fine so far! Will update if it degrades.
jme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #76
mike

Updated to the latest 7.2 M1 drivers and still experiencing the same behavior.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #77
Wim

Default Possible fix?

Hi All

I've attached a development build of 7.2 M1 but includes a fix for the momentary screen freezing that I suspect is responsible for some of the "mouse freezing" or "mouse lag" posts on here.

As a reminder, if you are using a wireless mouse, make sure you are not getting USB 3.0 interference as covered in this article.

Please let me know if this improves the mouse behaviour.

Wim
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink_7.2M1_with_freezing_fix.zip (14.94 MB, 130 views)
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #78
ThePhantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi All

I've attached a development build of 7.2 M1 but includes a fix for the momentary screen freezing that I suspect is responsible for some of the "mouse freezing" or "mouse lag" posts on here.
Running now for about 45 minutes, and the stutter appears to be gone! I'll report back if I see any glitches.

Regarding wireless mouse interference, I experience issues when my Logitech Unifying USB receiver is plugged directly into one of the USB 2.0 ports (on the back of the Plugable UD-3000). No idea why, as I thought that the interference was limited to the 3.0 ports. I have the receiver on a 3 foot USB extension cable, physically placed about a foot from the Plugable, and it works fine... Go figure.
ThePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #79
alexg57

I've been troubleshooting the lag and blinking issues for a week now, just finding this thread today. Good timing - I tried Wim's pre-release drivers and things are better. The blinking when docking Xbox Music on the side in Windows 8 no longer happens, and the general mouse lag does feel better. I wouldn't say it's as smooth as working directly on the laptop (Dell XPS 12), but it's within the realm of acceptable now.

I look forward to further improvements!

Update a few hours later: looks like I spoke too soon. Although the lag is maybe a little better, it's still noticeable. The blinking to black is there, too, but it's different now. It seems to blink more quickly and less often than before. Also, I'm running two DVI monitors and one of them only has the Zune client in "tiny" mode to play some music. When I hit the Windows key to bring up the new start menu, there's a definite pause for a second.

Last edited by alexg57; 05-17-2013 at 09:30 PM.
alexg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #80
Galactican

Wish I could report an improvement but I'm still in the same boat. If anything I would say it maybe even got a little worse with that update.

I really appreciate the effort though! Nice to see a company posting potential fixes like this within a thread rather than making their users wait.
Galactican is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
input device, lag, windows 8