Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
Thill

Default BSOD - dlkmd.sys

Hello

My firm has purchased and used a number of Display Link Supported devices over the years. Currently we use IOGear USB/VGA and a number of HP Portable Monitors HP U160. The built in software and 7.4 Display Software is creating a BSOD crash immediately upon restarting after the installation of software. HP portable uses 7.2 natively. I have not tried the new 7.5 (though will be testing it shortly)

The BSOD is consitent across numerous platforms in the firm (HP Revolves and Dell Lattitudes)

I have already submitted an "Ask a Question" as well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HPDONGLETEST_20131129_144516_USB3up_USBtoDVIdl7_3.zip (959.9 KB, 5 views)
Thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

How did you get on with 7.5 M0?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
Thill

Default Testing - later today

Hey James,

Thanks for the replay and sorry for the delayed answer, holidays and all. I'll be testing the 7.5 version this afternoon on a few test machines. Dell 5520 5530 and an HP Revolve 810. Let me know if your interested in any of the specs of the machine. All should be running Intel Family HD Graphics 3000 or 4000 series.

Tim
Old 01-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
Thill

Default 7.5 Still crashing

Hey Guys,

Just tested the 7.5 device drivers on machines, I am still getting a BSOD. No idea whats causing this. was fine up until a few weeks ago. Causing a major issue with some of my work stations.

Tim
Old 01-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
Thill

Default Still Awaiting

Hello. Just to recap I am still awaiting commentary. but here is a recap of my situation.

I use several display link software products in my industry (USB/VGA, USB/DVI, HP Portable Monitors u160). Upon installing them into a machine, the device will install software, activate properly, registers in Device Manager, and all other debugging steps listed on this forum.

Immediately upon restarting the machine, windows will go through a boot cycle and then immediately BSOD when it calls up the dlkmd.sys driver. Referencing a string of memory addresses.

Default, plug and play installed versions are crashing as are the new 7.5 versions of the software. At a loss, situation is getting critical.

Tim
Old 01-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
Thill

Default Are these boards only checked at certain times?

Seriously, no response in what is rapidly approaching 72 hours
Old 01-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
JamesH

Hi,

I was out of the office last week hence the delay in responding.

Can you enable advanced logging in the DisplayLink Support Tool (it's under the Advanced Options section) and attach the logs again now that the 7.5 software is installed?

This will help us pinpoint the issue. As soon as I get that I'll raise a bug for this internally.

Thanks,
James
Old 01-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #8
Thill

Default Update

Odd my first post didn't go through last night.

I was able to run the debugging software on two separate machines both exhibiting the same issue.

File 1 - Dell machine no new drivers
File 2 - HP Machine default software 7.2
File 3 - HP Machine 7.5

I managed to get the device to work on the 7.5 this time. It appears that i have a conflicting driver in my base image. i'd still be curious to know what the debugging tools indicate.

thill
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Support Files.zip (4.47 MB, 9 views)
Old 01-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #9
JamesH

Hi,

Can you let me know what you had to do to resolve the BSOD?

Did this fix the issue on both machines?

Thanks,
James
Old 01-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #10
Thill

I had a conflicting driver from another device. An older VGA Device driver was installed on the firm image. when this driver is in place and the display link software is installed on the next restart everything falls apart.