Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
tallman

Default Displaylink & Catalyst Control Center

Does anyone know if Displaylink is compatible with ATI's Catalyst Control Center? I am using the CCC for my six monitor set-up under Win 8.1. Three monitors each on two ATI R7 260X video cards (2 DVI + 1 Displayport per card).
Thanks for any helpful input.
tallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:14 PM   #2
tallman

Update - I downloaded and installed the latest e1659Fwu driver from AOC, ran the install, rebooted, then plugged in the AOC 31659Fwu monitor. The AOC logo showed on the 1659 screen then the monitor went black and stayed that way. I was able to see the "7th monitor" in the Windows "screen resolution" utility and in Catalyst Control Center. "Extend my display" was applied in both places but the monitor remained "inactive". I see some posts where updating the USB 3.0 driver is recommended - maybe I will give that a try. Still looking for helpful suggestions. Tallman
Old 10-29-2015, 04:06 PM   #3
AlbanRampon

Hi Tallman, the driver on their website seems rather ancient. There might be other reasons but it would be good start. To get a better understanding, a log file analysis might be necessary.
KB533818: How can I report Windows issues to DisplayLink?
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
tallman

Thank you for the reply. I will run the logging tool tonight, send the result to Displaylink support, and also post the result here.
Tallman
Old 11-01-2015, 06:41 AM   #5
tallman

Thanks to Arampon, my AOC e1659Fwu is now working. Though I did find and install a recent bios update for my motherboard, I believe the solution was installing the version 7.9M3 driver from Displaylink which I did this morning. The only untoward behavior I have noticed after the 7.9M3 install is that the Windows bubble screensaver only accesses four of the seven monitors, which is not a critical issue with me. If other changes are noted, I will post them but for now, the e1659Fwu seems to be working. Thank you. Tallman.