Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
bazinga

Question Displaylink driver fails to recognise AOC display

I have installed the latest DisplayLink drivers on my Windows 7 machine (7.9 M3) however when I plug my AOC USB display in, Device Manage sees it but doesn't install the driver. I have tried removing and reinstalling the DisplayLink drivers both via add remove programs and with the DisplayLink cleaning tool however I get the same result. I have tested the screen on another machine and can verify that the hardware works.

I have ran the DisplayLink Support Tool which is attached. Please advise the next steps I should take.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NZAKL3W51_20151130_110210.zip (1.54 MB, 2 views)
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Hello Sheldon,

Thank you for the logs. Your Windows Device Manager does not recognise any device with our USB Vendor ID being connected on the bus. Did you gather them with your AOC portable monitor plugged in? If not, would you please do gather them again so I can see it in the logs?

The usual issue with the portable monitor is that they draw more current from the USB port than a standard device as you have to drive the backlight as well as the control circuit. That's why they should be coming with a Y-cable. Do you use it? Have you tried plugging the screen in another USB port?

Kind regards,
Alban
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #3
bazinga

I can't remember if it was or not so I will run it again. The device shows in Device Manager as E1659Fwu.

I have tried with the Y-cable and tried all ports on my machine - USB2 and 3.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NZAKL3W51_20151201_080543.zip (1.05 MB, 1 views)
Old 12-01-2015, 07:37 AM   #4
AlbanRampon

Your new log files still show the screen as not connected.
You can open the DevManView.html yourself and see the No in the connected column. It also shows another USB monitor called "e1649Fwu" on top of "E1659Fwu".

It could be useful to delete them from the Device Manager to see if Windows does recognize the "E1659Fwu" during a new connection.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
Old 12-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
bazinga

e1649Fwu is a colleagues older generation model of an AOC display that I was testing on my machine to see if it would detect it. I have tried to delete it from Device Manager and scan for new hardware however Windows searches for a driver via Windows update then fails to find one. Is there a driver that I can point to from Device Manager to force it to find the correct driver instead of searching windows updates?
Old 12-02-2015, 02:37 AM   #6
bazinga

Ok an update - I managed to get it working by unzipping the DisplayLink_7.9M3.exe and manually installing the driver (NIVO\DisplayLinkUsb.inf) from Device Manager. The only downside now is that whenever I reboot my machine it looses the driver and I have to manually point it to the .inf. I have attached a new log file for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NZAKL3W51_20151202_163547.zip (1.36 MB, 2 views)
Old 12-03-2015, 12:32 PM   #7
AlbanRampon

Nonetheless, the association of a driver to a device is a core functionality: the device arrives on the USB, the operating system matches a driver from its driver store. If no driver is available, Windows looks on Windows Update (if configured that way).
I am sorry but I don't know how to address this Windows issue. I would check around the permissions.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution

Last edited by AlbanRampon; 12-03-2015 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Removed erroneous ref