Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
p7ayfu77

Unhappy Bad performance after Upgrade to W10 Anniversary and DisplayLink 8.0M1

Hi there I'm having some bad performance after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary and the new DisplayLink 8.0M1 drivers.

I had Windows 10 installed before and was NOT on the Insider Preview builds.

I'm seeing this in a software simulation game I use regularly where I used to be getting ~100FPS render on the DisplayLink connected monitor. This has now dropped to less than 40FPS and is stuttering badly too.

I have noticed something that was never there when running this application in the Task Manager. I now see a process running when using the DisplayLink monitor that is taking up at times over 50% of the CPU cycles. Generally this process seems to be linked with activity on the linked Monitor.
The process name is as follows:

WUDFHost.exe Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process

This process appears always now when using the DisaplayLink'ed monitor. And when playing the simulator application consumes more CPU that the simulator itself and starving it I suspect. Please see attached image.

My configuration is as follows:

Surface Pro 2 - I5
Plugable USB3 Dock - UD3900

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers for Displaylink, and I have also used the Driver Cleaner tool you provide.

Please can you help restore the performance.

Thanks
M
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PerformanceIssue.jpg (14.4 KB, 1 views)
p7ayfu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
thrash

I'm having what appears to be the exact same issue with my external monitor connected to powerful Lenovo laptop through LINDY USB 3 - displayport, since the recent windows update.

Games are virtually unplayable due to massive fps drops and even the simplest windows animations and video appear staggering too, slowing down regular work..

I've spent most of the weekend googling and trying to solve the issue driverwise, including but not limited to what you mention, with no luck at all. So now i will resolve to try and backdate my windows build to the previous version..

I am very curious to hear of other possible solutions to this issue, or an updated driver that does things better than this.

Cheers,
Adrian
thrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #3
p7ayfu77

Still having this issue. Please find attached some logs from the tool. Hope this helps.

Thanks
M
Attached Files
File Type: zip PLAYPRO2_20160821_141402.zip (678.8 KB, 2 views)
p7ayfu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #4
scratchthat

Default Getting the same problems, on two devices. System unusable.

"WUDFHost.exe Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process"

Decimating my processor. I think it's some kind of container. Don't like what MS are doing here, they are taking way too many liberties. Very cheeky.
scratchthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #5
Misorski

Default Answers

Does anyone have a solution for this? I'm having the same issue.
Misorski is offline   Reply With Quote