Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2020, 02:49 PM   #1
frizille

Default USB continuously disconnects/reconnects

I'm running into an issue where the USB3/Thunderbolt port keeps disconnecting then reconnecting. I'm getting a "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" error in device manager. When I disconnect the DisplayLink dock, the errors stop. The only things in the DisplayLink dock are a 3.5mm stereo jack out to speakers, an HDMI cable to a 27" LG UHD58B, and an ethernet cable out to a D-Link 8 port hub. BIOS, drivers, etc. are all up to date on the laptop - Lenovo Carbon X1 5th Gen.

Diagnostics attached.

Any ideas on how to resolve it?
Attached Files
File Type: zip DL_Windows_Logs_20200529_095416.zip (1.79 MB, 3 views)
frizille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:33 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello frizille,

Thank you for contacting us!

Can you tell me what docking station do you own exactly?
As no DisplayLink device is detected in the logfiles we have to make sure that there are no hardware issues with the device:
  • Plug the dock into a different USB port - This will confirm that there is not an issue with the original USB port
  • Inspect the USB Up-Link port on the dock for damage - This could cause connectivity issues
  • Replace the USB cable connected to the dock and computer - This will confirm that there isn't an issue with the cable
  • Plug the dock into a USB 2.0 port or a USB 2.0 extension cable to force the dock to enumerate down to USB 2.0 mode - This will confirm if there is an issue on the USB 3.0 path
  • Test the docking station with another PC - to confirm there are no issues with the original PC.

Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #3
frizille

The dock is a UD-CA1A made by Plugable. I believe that it uses DisplayLink technology in it, but could be wrong. I've also contacted them for support as well.
frizille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:16 AM   #4
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizille View Post
The dock is a UD-CA1A made by Plugable. I believe that it uses DisplayLink technology in it, but could be wrong. I've also contacted them for support as well.
This docking station uses Alt-Mode technology and does not use DisplayLink.
I recommend turning to the manufacturer for further troubleshooting steps.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote