Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #11
Cylence

Default Hi

only start a videoplayer like VLC set there the videorenderer to hardware overlay and play thats it.
Cylence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #12
Wim

I use VLC all the time (latest v2.0.2) with the hardware overlay and have no issues. I think there were bugs in earlier versions of VLC that caused issues. Are you using the latest version of VLC?

My video setup is

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #13
Cylence

Default Hi

Thats not the right mode you tested, Aero keeps on or isnt it? You have to Select DirectX DirectDraw Output in the Output Combobox, this is little confusing in vlc...
When using this mode, aero is deactivated when playing a video. And this one gives me the problems, but one more, i am using my monitors not side by side, they are located one above the other, i hope you know what i mean. And it seems, when using Displaylink Device in Portrait mode, it does have much more problems than normal orientation.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
Wim

Yep - you're right. That drops into basic and does not work well. We always recommend Aero mode for video playback, as it is smoother for USB displays.

I would suggest the fix is to use the default output, as this will give better performance on USB displays, due to the way we get the video pixels.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #15
Cylence

Default Hi

Hi,

i dont play the video on the usb device, i have one FullHD hdmi connected Monitor, on this one i play the video, not on the usb device. There are only some tools and such things located on my usb monitor.
I tried every VideoRenderer and for FullHD Videos HardwareOverlay is almost the best, EVR is also not bad, but theres often a line in the middle to see, which looks very strange...
With the old version 5.6 i dont get the error, i play with hardwareoverlay on my big screen without any problems, only the newer versions does have the bluescreen and screen goes black error. Does this mean its not possible to get the newer Drivers running like the old one?
Windows 8 will not have Aero, does Displaylink then also make bluescreens?
Because the old version can do it, it must be a bug in the newer versions or isnt it?
It would be really cool if you can fix this in anyway, i hope you can do.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
Cylence

Default ok

Ok then i have to keep the old version and never upgrade it seems. Can you help me with one problem with the 5.6 version, when i startup normally, i always have to disconnect and reconnect the device physically before it starts. When i go to Hibernate and restart from there, the device is directly activated without any needed reconnection. What can i do that the device is active on normal startup without always disconnecting? Because its not really cool, always i have to climb behind my pc search the right usb cable, and disconnect, wit some second, reconnect, wait some seconds, wtf...
Why cant this device run without problems after a normal startup?