Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #11
nickfmc

is this issue recognized by display link? they are many threads on here with subtle differences in explanation but all the same issue!
nickfmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:16 AM   #12
hnate

Default Potential Solution...

I know this is not an ideal solution, but I resolved what sounds like a similar issue. Here is my hardware setup:

Laptop: Lenovo X1 Carbon (2nd Gen)
Docking Station: Anker USB 3.0 Dual Display (DVI/HDMI) Docking Station
One external LCD monitor

I was extending the desktops b/w the laptop and the 2nd monitor (as main display) and was having significant lag issues, particularly with Chrome when any flash video was active. The lag was isolated to the main display, the external monitor. My mouse was not precise, audio/video timing was off just enough to be annoying, and picture quality was spotty at best.

My video cable was an HDMI w/ Ethernet from AmazonBasics, running from my docking station to the 2nd monitor. I decided to try DVI vs. HDMI (step down in quality, I thought), and voila, it works seamlessly! It is like my old Lenovo X201 used to behave on its traditional docking station. I know some of you have probably already tried this, and it might be hardware vs. software related depending on the docking station you are using, but I have been using now for 6+ hours with no issues.

Hope this helps!
hnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #13
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfmc View Post
I wont let this thread DIE, willing to help troubleshoot this matter.
Hi,

I appreciate your offer of help here.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of these issues.

We are working on a related area which we believe will improve performance.

I'll get back to you when I know more.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #14
canonlaw

Default Dont use the video

I know this is really old by now, but having found no solutions anywhere online I thought I would post what I found. I found I had to bypass the video out on my Targus USB 3.0 Dock and plug my HDMI cable into the laptop directly. It is a crappy solution, but it's really just one more cable.

Everything works fluidly and smoothly now.
canonlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #15
sebbelcher

I had these exact symptoms and ALL my lag and stuttering issues disappeared when I forced an update of my USB3 drivers.

I tried so many things, display link driver updates, dock firmware updates, but installing the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller from Intel was the only thing that made a difference. It was as if the dock was running at USB2.0 speeds even when it was connected to the USB3 port.

I am running two external monitors at 1600x1200 each and they are as smooth and stable as if I had them connected directly to the laptop.

I would suggest you look for your motherboard chipset manufacturers latest USB3 drivers.
sebbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote