Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #11
JamesH

Hi,

Can you also disable the USB Selective Suspend settings as mentioned in the article?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #12
Julia

Default USB selective suspend setting

To clarify, what I did was change the USB selective suspend setting as outlined. The result was that I can at least use the linked screen for a period of time. However, it still does cut out periodically, though I can restart it by reinserting the USB.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #13
b1ackplague

I'm having the exact same issues as Julia. It's randomly disconnecting. I've tried all three of the USB ports on my laptop (MSI GS60 Ghost Pro) and it's done it on every one. After reading through this thread I followed JamesH instructions to edit the USB Selective Suspend. I will let you know if it resolves the issue or not.

Edit: It just happened again while I was playing the game The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. I attached the displaylink support tool zip to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ANDREW_MSI_20140927_155632.zip (952.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by b1ackplague; 09-27-2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Attached troubleshooting info
b1ackplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #14
JamesH

Hi all,

Can you check this FAQ for additional suggestions when you encounter disconnects and reconnects http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=370

Thanks,
James
Old 09-30-2014, 03:32 AM   #15
b1ackplague

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi all,

Can you check this FAQ for additional suggestions when you encounter disconnects and reconnects http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=370

Thanks,
James
Followed all the suggestions and while somewhat improved it's still not permanently fixed.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:50 AM   #16
b1ackplague

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi all,

Thanks,
James
Out of curiosity is anyone here on a computer with switchable graphics? For instance my MSI GS60 switches between an integrated Intel 4600 and a dedicated Nvidia GTX870M to conserver battery.

My laptop has a ring light around the power button; if the light is blue it's on Intel graphics, if orange it's on Nvidia. Every time this disconnect happens the light is blue (intel) I notice it switch to orange (nvidia), all the displays flicker on and off, everything returns to normal then it switches back to blue (intel).

While gaming it's the reverse: starts orange, flickers, goes blue, back to normal, then orange again.

James i'm wondering if it's something to do with the switchable graphics and displaylink drivers working with some sort of power management forcing the computer to swap between the two graphics processors. It would be as if the computer is connecting to a whole different video card each time.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #17
b1ackplague

The displaylink driver for 9/29/14 seems to have fixed the issue.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #18
NinjaGrunt

Thumbs down

My issue is still not resolved. I successfully ran through the steps outlined in this article: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=370

I continue to experience this intermittently. Some days it will only happen once or twice, other days it'll happen 4-5 times in an hour. Please investigate, as this is horribly frustrating. Do not ask me for logs again, as I've already submitted them and you've failed to speak to that.
NinjaGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #19
NinjaGrunt

Status & next steps, please?
NinjaGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #20
JamesH

Hi,

Try the latest Touchpad driver as the current one has been causing BSODs on your coomputer:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...&categoryId=IN

Does this happen on all USB ports on your computer?

Thanks,
James