Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #61
Marfin

Default Mouse lag

I have the same problem with mouse lags, like others
using Dell Dell Inspiron 14z, Windows 8 , Intel HD 4000, Toshiba Dynadock USB 3.0 and latest drivers 7.2M0, two LG IPS235P displays 1920x1080
I am forced to connect first directly to laptop and second to hub (no difference HDMI or DVI same behavior)
Another issue is Skyrim and other games - DisplayLink drivers are unusable
Marfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #62
johnb

Same issue here with a Thinkpad Helix and USB 3.0 docking running with 2x 24" monitors at 1920x1200 via DVI. OS is Win8 64-bit.

The lag occurs especially when switching from an application displayed on one monitor to another application displayed on the other monitor.

There's also a bit of lag when switching between cells in Excel or switching between applications. For instance: if alt-tabbing from Excel to Outlook, the mouse will "hang" for a sec after alt-tabbing. This is very consistent.
johnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #63
johnb

Okay - I managed to fix it.

I updated everything that was available for update in Lenovo System Update.
Including the optional stuff.

My best guess is that it was the BIOS update that fixed it...
johnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #64
stylefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb View Post

just installed the bios update to my samsung series 7. its a lot better, you're right! thanks for sharing!
stylefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #65
mike

Running latest Carbon X1 bios update along with other updates from Lenovo System Updater and the issue still exists.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #66
jme

Default Same problem... Dell XPS12+ Win 8 + DisplayLink dock

mouse is laggy and I have tried all workarounds that I can find... driving me crazy! Hope someone can find a fix.
jme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #67
Dan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jme View Post
mouse is laggy and I have tried all workarounds that I can find... driving me crazy! Hope someone can find a fix.
Can you ellucidate the form of lagging you are experiencing? Is it an occasional delay in update, or a continual latency in response?
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #68
ziggie216

Quote:
Same issue here with a Thinkpad Helix and USB 3.0 docking running with 2x 24" monitors at 1920x1200 via DVI. OS is Win8 64-bit.

The lag occurs especially when switching from an application displayed on one monitor to another application displayed on the other monitor.

There's also a bit of lag when switching between cells in Excel or switching between applications. For instance: if alt-tabbing from Excel to Outlook, the mouse will "hang" for a sec after alt-tabbing. This is very consistent.
Quote:

Having same issue with my Helix and Targus Universal USB 3.0 DV Docking Station. I can see the mouse skip around. BIOS update didn't solve mine.
ziggie216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #69
Wim

Just to try and expand on Dan's post, is it just the mouse that is lagging or is the whole screen freezing for a second? You can check this by just playing a video on the screen at the same time. If the video pauses at the same time the mouse pauses then the screen is freezing for a second or so.

If this is the case then I think we understand what the issue is and working on a fix. We have found a problem and the problem is usually rare, but we suspect it could be timing related so some systems show it a lot more than others. If it was happening often then it would be annoying and would explain the number of users in this thread experiencing it.

If you could confirm if it is just the mouse that lags or if it is the whole screen it would help confirm.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #70
ThePhantom

Hi Wim,

I wanted to reply in this thread, as I'm experiencing the periodic momentary freeze, and wanted to give whatever configuration info would be helpful...

First off, I upgraded to 7.2 M1 yesterday (5/11), and it's been light years better than the prior version in nearly every way. The prior 7.2 was maddening under Windows 8 (slow ethernet, incessant unplugging/replugging to get things working after sleep, etc.)

My configuration is:

Plugable UD-3000
Lenovo Twist with Windows 8
DisplayLink monitor set as my main monitor

I get the momentary freeze (1/2 second in length) every few minutes. Both the mouse, as well as any streaming video (SlingPlayer in my case) freeze on the DL display.

I managed to fling the mouse pointer over to the built in notebook's display during the freeze, and it was responsive there -- there were two mouse pointers displayed for that time -- one "frozen" on the DL display, and the responsive one on the notebook's display. The frozen one disappeared once the display "thawed"

Once the freeze is fixed, my Windows 8 setup will be nearly perfect. It'll be time to critique my Macbook Air's drivers at that point...
ThePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
input device, lag, windows 8