Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2023, 12:08 PM   #1
Programmer

Post macbook Pro M1 pro 2021 3 external monitors connection problem

Hello guys. I have Macbook Pro 2021 M1 pro model, I want to connect it with 3 external monitors. Today I bought the Dell UD22 docking and installed DisplayLink drivers on my mac, trying to connect everything, but DisplayLink software doesn't recognise any input devices.

Here is how I am connecting my monitors:
I have 3x Lenovo P27h-20 monitors (yes, they have integrated dockings all of them but they do not support DisplayLink)

I am connecting two of them directly through USB-C ports to my macbook and the remaining one connecting through HDMI to UD22 dock (but I think USB-C should work as well), working with two is okay but my mac doesn't see the third one.

What could be the potential problem and how could it be solved? DisplayLink drivers are the newest and Macbook is up to date, MacOS Sonoma.

Appreciate the help.
Programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 11:05 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
Hello guys. I have Macbook Pro 2021 M1 pro model, I want to connect it with 3 external monitors. Today I bought the Dell UD22 docking and installed DisplayLink drivers on my mac, trying to connect everything, but DisplayLink software doesn't recognise any input devices.

Here is how I am connecting my monitors:
I have 3x Lenovo P27h-20 monitors (yes, they have integrated dockings all of them but they do not support DisplayLink)

I am connecting two of them directly through USB-C ports to my macbook and the remaining one connecting through HDMI to UD22 dock (but I think USB-C should work as well), working with two is okay but my mac doesn't see the third one.

What could be the potential problem and how could it be solved? DisplayLink drivers are the newest and Macbook is up to date, MacOS Sonoma.

Appreciate the help.

If you have not already done so, I would suggest checking if this macOS security feature is contributing to the behavior --> https://support.apple.com/en-us/102282
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 03:10 PM   #3
Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
If you have not already done so, I would suggest checking if this macOS security feature is contributing to the behavior --> https://support.apple.com/en-us/102282
Thanks but already done so. Ideas what else could be causing the issue or blocking the connection?
Old 12-15-2023, 04:14 PM   #4
Programmer

Default DisplayLink problem not recognising any input devices

I now understand that the problem is not with the dock or monitors. DisplayLink simply doesn't see any devices inputed no matter if I put in directly my monitor via usb-c into Macbook or I do it via docking UD22, it doesn't see any devices whatsoever. The version is the newest for MacOS Sonoma, so the version must be correct one.

Hmm, how to solve the problem now

Tags
dock displaylink-enabled, macbook pro m1 pro, monitors, ud22