Hi there, first of all here are the details of my hardware/software setup:
  • MacBook Pro M2 (MPHH3E/A) 14" 2023 / Sonoma 14.2
  • NewQ (NQ-DK-04) DisplayLink 16-in-1 USB C Docking Station
  • 2x LG ‎(27UN850-W) 27" 4K monitors
  • DisplayLink Manager 1.10.0 (build 117) | Oct 26, 2023
    Extra
  • Lunar 6.4.5 - App for controlling the monitors' brightness and contrast
  • LG OnScreen Control - version 6.15

So, long story short, I bought a NewQ DisplayLink USB-C Dock through Amazon to connect my 2 LGs ‎27UN850-W 4K monitors to my MacBook Pro M2, but I've been having many issues with the setup. While connecting both monitors via HDMI through the dock, only 1 monitor is properly detected by the MacBook, the second one appears as a generic screen, one of them shows a warmer colour (yellowish) than the other, but if I switch them from the HDMI ports, then the other monitor shows the yellowish tint, so is it something with the ports?... Even the LG software only properly sees 1 of the monitors while both are connected to the dock. Also, the DisplayLink manager sees only 1 of the monitors.

If I connect 1 monitor directly to the MacBook and the 2nd one to the dock, things work differently. Now they both are detected properly by the MacBook, and even the LG software sees both monitors, but the DisplayLink manager does not detect either one.

If I leave the computer on (sleep) through the night, when it wakes, one of the monitors, does not wake up. Sometimes the mouse becomes unresponsive. I've seen more beachballs in this past week, since I set this up, than ever before, system has become extremely laggy.

So, between the issues with the DisplayLink driver, the difference between the two HDMI ports, the monitors not being detected properly and the dock giving different colour temperatures, what can I do? What could be the culprit? Where to start?

Thank you
StackIOI is offline   Reply With Quote