Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2023, 02:56 PM   #1
raytleach

Default YouTube TV and a third display/monitor

Running a Macbook Pro (M2, Catalina 14.2.1) with an Apple display (via USB-C) and a Dell monitor attached via a mediaGear Dual Display USB C Docking Station (via USB-C). I have upgraded the DisplayLink software to 1.10.0 (Build 117). When I only use the laptop or the laptop and the Apple monitor together, YouTube TV works fine, but when I attach the Dell monitor, YouTube TV's audio plays, but the video does not work at all (black screen). When I unplugged the Dell monitor, all worked as usual. Thoughts?
raytleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 01:05 AM   #2
YetiRojo

I have the exact same problem.

After spending 30 minutes on a chat with YouTubeTV support we realized that none of my streaming services worked.

I then spent 20 minutes on a chat with Apple support. They concluded that it was the DisplayLink software that's causing the problem. His hypothesis was that there was a security feature preventing video from being displayed because the screen was being recorded by DisplayLink.

Posting here hoping I get copied on any solutions.
YetiRojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 11:09 AM   #3
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiRojo View Post
I have the exact same problem.

After spending 30 minutes on a chat with YouTubeTV support we realized that none of my streaming services worked.

I then spent 20 minutes on a chat with Apple support. They concluded that it was the DisplayLink software that's causing the problem. His hypothesis was that there was a security feature preventing video from being displayed because the screen was being recorded by DisplayLink.

Posting here hoping I get copied on any solutions.
The behavior you describe is expected, and DisplayLink speaks to the topic here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...y-on-mac-while

With that said, others in this forum have reported that disabling hardware acceleration within Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox can sometimes produce a different result.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote