Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2023, 07:54 PM   #1
hart_ross

Default DisplayLink Manager Constantly Flickering (any version above 1.5)

Hi there,

When I plug in my Gigabyte G34WQC monitor, any version of DisplayLink manager above 1.5 detects then loses then detects then loses (never-ending loop) the display.

It works fine with other displays, I have localized it to an issue with this display. Additionally, it works fine in DisplayLink Manager 1.5 and earlier.

I'm running Ventura 13.4.1 but this was an issue with earlier versions too.

Please help, work will not allow me to have an older version of DisplayLink and I don't want to buy another monitor as I cannot afford one.

Last edited by hart_ross; 11-08-2023 at 08:36 PM.
hart_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:34 PM   #2
hart_ross

Anyone else running into this issue? I've used two different docks same problem. Right now using Thinkpad hybrid model 40AF
hart_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 08:41 AM   #3
solee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart_ross View Post
Anyone else running into this issue? I've used two different docks same problem. Right now using Thinkpad hybrid model 40AF
I'm experiencing similar symptoms. The docking station I use is the Dell D6000 model, and the monitor is the Gigabyte G34WQCA model. I'm using an Apple M1 MacBook Air. After installing and using various DisplayLink managers, I found that everything worked normally until to version 1.7.1. However, after updating to version 1.8.0, I started experiencing the same flickering issue.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem, I would appreciate hearing the solution
solee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 07:11 AM   #4
judx

I had similar distortion problems in v1.10. Downgrading to 1.9. helped. See my thread https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=69068

Last edited by judx; 12-28-2023 at 07:28 AM.
judx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 11:50 AM   #5
mslaven

I'm having the same problem with my Gigabyte G34WQC monitor and my 'Plugable' 4K Displayport dock (dual 4K @ 60hz support)

Anything above version 1.5 brings up the display for a split second, it appears in the display settings and then disappears. Does this continuously.
mslaven is offline   Reply With Quote