Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2023, 09:32 PM   #1
BeechNut

Default DisplayLink Software Only possible on a 2023 MacBook Air 15-inch M2?

I'm interested to know if I can effectively run 2 monitors utilizing the 2 built-in Thunderbolt 3 / USB 4 Ports on my MBA, bypassing the need for an external hub/adapter, and using the DisplayLink Manager Software v1.10 only to run the monitors?

This is the triple portable monitor I am looking to purchase, with power & data through their on-board USB-C ports to the MacBook:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJJJF9RB...roduct_details

Last edited by BeechNut; 12-15-2023 at 10:00 PM.
BeechNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 10:59 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeechNut View Post
I'm interested to know if I can effectively run 2 monitors utilizing the 2 built-in Thunderbolt 3 / USB 4 Ports on my MBA, bypassing the need for an external hub/adapter, and using the DisplayLink Manager Software v1.10 only to run the monitors?

This is the triple portable monitor I am looking to purchase, with power & data through their on-board USB-C ports to the MacBook:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJJJF9RB...roduct_details
In brief, what you describe will not work.

To expand further, DisplayLink USB video technology has two parts. A device with DisplayLink hardware inside of it, and the DisplayLink software installed on the host computer.

You cannot use the DisplayLink software without a device that has DisplayLink hardware inside of it.

The information at the link you provided indicates that the product does NOT have DisplayLink hardware inside of it.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote