Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #41
stylefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterx View Post
I am running a 2560x1440 monitor through the HP3005pr USB3.0 dock. I have also had pixelation issues, but after 7.2M0 this is completely gone!

I still have minor lag on the mouse from time to time.

cool, thats exactly my setup! but mine is laggy... which chipset and driver / notebook, and which OS do you use?
stylefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #42
jonlove

So - I swapped out my VGA cable for a DVI. Even though previously the higher res monitor on the DVI cable was slower (and I swapped the other cable), that seems to have helped fix it.

e.g., before I had:
- Monitor 1: DVI -> VGA adapter, VGA cable - running fine
- Monitor 2: DVI cable - running slow

Replaced monitor 1's cable for a straight DVI, and monitor 2 seems to be running normally now.

Not sure if that's helpful or not.
jonlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #43
twisterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylefish View Post
cool, thats exactly my setup! but mine is laggy... which chipset and driver / notebook, and which OS do you use?
It is a Samsung series 9 laptop.

PS: In the "Samsung Settings" application, there is a tab called "General - Silent Mode". If I select anything else than "off", the display becomes terribly choppy! This might be a tips for anyone with choppy displays. Check your power saving options!
twisterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #44
xijio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasse View Post
My impressions for 7.2 driver update.

Still running Lenovo X1 carbon and Lenovo USB 3.0 dock with 2 x external monitors and nothing else. Both running DVI @ 1920x1200.

- Blurry image seems to have gone. Moving my mouse pointer over the task bar now does not produce blurry icons.
- Mouse lag still present and even worse than before. Mouse pointer freeze for about one second every few minutes.
- CPU usage still high from the DisplayLinkManager Application 5-30% constant.

So one step forward - one and half back.
My thoughts exactly. Same exact hardware, same exact setup, same exact problems. Anxiously awaiting resolution. Happy to assist in any way needed.
xijio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #45
stylefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterx View Post
It is a Samsung series 9 laptop.

PS: In the "Samsung Settings" application, there is a tab called "General - Silent Mode". If I select anything else than "off", the display becomes terribly choppy! This might be a tips for anyone with choppy displays. Check your power saving options!
yeah, i noticed the thing with the silent mode too. maybe there are more power saving options... i'll check that. i've a samsung series 7 notebook.
stylefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #46
chung373

have there been any updates on this? i got my lenovo carbon x1 with targus dual vido usb 3.0 dock last week and have had nothing but a headache since.

updated both lenovo bios and displaylink drivers to 7.2 and i'm getting the same issues as previous posters where it feels like i'm working on my 2 external monitors through a remote desktop. if i don't do anything besides move the cursor about the screen it's nice and smooth but as soon as hover over buttons/icons, move windows, do any kind of computing it lags up a lot.

for now i've just got one of the externals hooked up via minidp port and it works as it should, but the single monitor still attached to the dock is still laggy.
chung373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #47
Simon

Hi

The lagging also seems to be gone for me with the new driver..
I have a Lenovo X1 carbon and Lenovo dock..

A thing I have noticed that may be a help to others, is that the minimum processor speed in advanced Power options need to be at least 30% when the computer is plugged in, for the dock to work properly.

You fin the option by going to:
Control Panel->Power options->Choose when to turn off the display->Change advanced power settings->Processor power management->Minimum processor state->Plugget in

My theory is that the minimum speed must be set because the most low power processors have a variable processor speed, to ensure that there is always enough processor time for the Displaylink to be serviced the minimum speed must be set.

Regards.
Simon
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #48
twisterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylefish View Post
Windows 8 64bit
Old 04-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #49
twisterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Hi
My theory is that the minimum speed must be set because the most low power processors have a variable processor speed, to ensure that there is always enough processor time for the Displaylink to be serviced the minimum speed must be set.
This is the same kind of solution that I found using my Samsung Series 9 notebook. Everybody with this kind of problem should investigate the Power Options!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #50
chrisedwards

The new drivers + increasing the minimum processor speed in power options have seemed to have mostly solved my issues. I still see occasional mouse lag. Perhaps the displaylink driver should set these power options by default? Or prevent the processor from going into that deep of sleep to begin with?

I have, however, noticed an issue with Windows 8, when a metro app is mounted to the side of the screen, I see the monitors flashing black occasionally. Seems to be a driver issue as this doesn't occur when using built in monitor, and haven't noticed it when plugged into the monitors through displayport.
chrisedwards is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
input device, lag, windows 8