Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #51
chrisedwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedwards View Post
The new drivers + increasing the minimum processor speed in power options have seemed to have mostly solved my issues. I still see occasional mouse lag. Perhaps the displaylink driver should set these power options by default? Or prevent the processor from going into that deep of sleep to begin with?

I have, however, noticed an issue with Windows 8, when a metro app is mounted to the side of the screen, I see the monitors flashing black occasionally. Seems to be a driver issue as this doesn't occur when using built in monitor, and haven't noticed it when plugged into the monitors through displayport.
Scratch that. Lag is still prominent, especially when switching between windows ie (alt-tab). Additionally when copying larger files over ethernet the device will appear to reset (screens go black for a second, ethernet connection is lost).
chrisedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #52
sohantanna

Having the same issue with my Lenovo Yoga 13.

Screen keeps disconnecting, and usb ports freeze as well as the screen freezing and going blurry.
sohantanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #53
tfennel

Unhappy Having the same issue on a surface pro

I'm using 7.2 with two external monitors over DVI on a surface pro with USB3.0 Lenovo dock. I tried hacking up the USB drivers I found in the previously mentioned tutorial thinking it would fix performance, but it hasn't helped.

I can pretty consistently repro the issue by opening Excel, highlighting a cell, hitting ctrl+c (copy) and then when the little animating rectangle around the copied cell starts moving, the screen goes fuzzy/pixelated.

I wish I could say I don't need to use Excel enough for it to matter, but such is the story of my life!
tfennel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #54
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfennel View Post
I'm using 7.2 with two external monitors over DVI on a surface pro with USB3.0 Lenovo dock. I tried hacking up the USB drivers I found in the previously mentioned tutorial thinking it would fix performance, but it hasn't helped.

I can pretty consistently repro the issue by opening Excel, highlighting a cell, hitting ctrl+c (copy) and then when the little animating rectangle around the copied cell starts moving, the screen goes fuzzy/pixelated.

I wish I could say I don't need to use Excel enough for it to matter, but such is the story of my life!
If you make the Excel window not quite maximised on the screen, do you get the same problem?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #55
mike

Been following this post for sometime and I'm in the same camp as most.

Win8 Pro on a Lenovo X1 Carbon using the USB3 dock.

The drivers from April 3 made the lag & display situation better than before but not 100% resolved.

The display issue did go away completely as best as I can tell. That was the bit where pictures would be "fuzzy" for a bit especially during transitions. I could always see that during logons but not anymore. So that's good.

However, the mouse lag is still there. It has been improved but you still feel like you're using a remote desktop for sure. I'm using a wired mouse/keyboard to eliminate any wireless issues.

If I can contribute any meaningful info please let me know. Thanks!
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #56
tfennel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
If you make the Excel window not quite maximised on the screen, do you get the same problem?

Wim
Yes, the size of the excel window seems to have no effect - same behavior.

Also happens when an IM comes in and the Lync app in the taskbar gets "needy" (blinks/animates) the entire screen goes fuzzy until I activate the needy app.
tfennel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #57
henrybakker01

I have the same problems with a HP Envy x2 notebook: slow performance and disappearing mouse-cursor. I've installed the latest version of the DisplayLink software.

The notebook is running on Windows 8. I'm using a 19" HP LCD monitor with a resolution of 1280x1024. Not very high...

I hope there will be a fix for this problem. My customer is a little bit disappointed.
henrybakker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #58
Wim

Could you see if increasing the priority of DisplayLink Manger in task manager helps improve this?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #59
mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Could you see if increasing the priority of DisplayLink Manger in task manager helps improve this?

Wim
I've changed the priority to High and I'm not seeing any difference in performance I'm afraid. Still have lag.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #60
bdelcarpio

I am also having the same problem with screen lag, mouse lag and fuzzy.

Lenovo Thinkpad X230T (latest drivers and BIOS)
Windows 8 Pro
Intel HD 4000

Toshiba Dynadock USB 3.0 w/ DisplayLink_7.2M0 drivers and updated firmware connected via DVI-D cable to a BenQ XL2420T monitor using 1920x1080 resolution @ 60hz.

I wish it supported 120hz

Last edited by bdelcarpio; 05-04-2013 at 12:53 AM.
bdelcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
input device, lag, windows 8