Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
CGDJ

Question Will a USB Monitor work for this situation: Maximum number of monitors on Video Card!

Hi!
At our church, we have a video system we use during the service. We run it off of a laptop, and use Intel Wireless Display to link the TV's to the computer. I also need a 2nd monitor to connect to my laptop.
The problem is, my laptop's video card only supports 2 displays, and those are being used up by the laptop's screen and TV. When I plugged another screen into the laptop, it would only allow me to use two of the monitors. I read somewhere that your DisplayLink monitors can be used even if your video card won't accept other monitors. Can I buy a DisplayLink USB monitor and connect it to the laptop. Will it work as a second monitor and still show on the TV and my laptop screen? I want it to duplicate whatever is on the TV's....can it do that while I still have my laptop screen?
Thanks for the Help!
-Geordi
CGDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Wim

Yes - you can add additional DisplayLink displays, aswell as the 2 displays you currently have. However only 2 displays can mirror each other at a time. It will not be possible to have a 3rd DisplayLink screen and have all 3 displays mirroring

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
CGDJ

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Yes - you can add additional DisplayLink displays, aswell as the 2 displays you currently have. However only 2 displays can mirror each other at a time. It will not be possible to have a 3rd DisplayLink screen and have all 3 displays mirroring

Wim
Ok, um, I'm confused. Will it allow me to do this?

THANKS FOR THE HELP!! YOUR AWESOME!!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
Wim

I like the diagram

Yes - this should work (assuming you are using Windows 7). The laptop screen should be screen 1, then you can set screens 2 and 3 (TV and DisplayLink) to mirror each other. Note that they will both have to be at the same resolution, which means the image might not fill the screen on both displays.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
CGDJ

Thumbs up Thanks!

Ok thats great! Thanks so much!

Tags
card, max, monitor, multiple, usb