Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
DTokarev

Exclamation USB Touch Panel Stopped Responding

Hello,

I am using MIMO Magic Monster (Model# UM-1000, S/N MM1301200027) USB touch panel, DisplayLink Driver 7.4M2 on Windows 7 Pro SP1. Our company's software displays 1 of the UI windows on that panel. On Dec 24th 2013 at 21:50:52 the panel stopped refreshing the image on the screen and stopped responding to the clicks, it also stopped rendering UI from our software, the UI was displayed on the main display instead. Our log statement has a record of that the display became unavailable on 2013-DEC-24 at 21:51:05.971. I made sure that the software is installed properly, the DisplayLink service is running and is set to run automatically, USB device booted correctly with PID code 016B.
The device appears to be working properly based on information form Device Manager, but Windows OS does not "see" from "Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution". I connected different touch panel (Mimo Moztor S10) to another USb port and Windows recognized the device immediately, then I connected exact the same model of touch panel (UM-1000) and started working immediately also.

The original display was still displaying still image, that means the power was applied to the device and once I connected other devices they worked fine - that indicates that the driver is up and running properly now.

I disconnected the panel and reconnected and it started working properly rendering the UI.

I ran DisplayLink Support Tool - all tests passed, I collected and attached logs to this post - please review and let me know if there any clues to why the display stopped rendering UI and Windows stopped "seeing" the monitor. It is important for our team to know why the device stopped working, please reply with any information you will be finding.

Thank you!

Dmitry Tokarev
Attached Files
File Type: zip AUXOGYN-SM71876_20131227_122015.zip (365.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by DTokarev; 12-27-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Adding more info to the post
DTokarev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
Wim

From the logs it looks like the mini monitor is on the USB bus but when the software tries to talk to it, it gets an error. Looks like the monitor crashed.

This can happen if there are packet errors on the USB bus or there is a glitch in the power to the USB monitor causing a problem. The fix is to power cycle it to get it working again.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:16 PM   #3
DTokarev

Thank you Wim!

I did replug the monitor and it started working as expected.
DTokarev is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7.4m2, displaylink, touch, usb