Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 03-31-2022, 09:27 AM   #1
gkelway

Default After 1.6.1 install, video for Prime & Netflix does not work

Yesterday I installed DisplayLink 1.6.1. Now when I am playing video from my external screens for Netflix and Prime, I hear the audio, but video is black. Video does work on my Macbook M1 screen. I uninstalled back to 1.6 but still having the same issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!
gkelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:10 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkelway View Post
Yesterday I installed DisplayLink 1.6.1. Now when I am playing video from my external screens for Netflix and Prime, I hear the audio, but video is black. Video does work on my Macbook M1 screen. I uninstalled back to 1.6 but still having the same issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!
The behavior you describe is a known limitation of macOS. DisplayLink has more information here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...y-on-mac-while

This topic is also covered in the release notes --> https://www.synaptics.com/sites/defa...se%20Notes.txt

"G. Operating system limitations
================================

Protected content from iTunes and other players is not visible on built-in graphics when DisplayLink screens are connected. (17087)"
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:30 AM   #3
gkelway

It's strange that I have never had this issue before (except the AppleTV app). Every other video service (Netflix, Prime, Disney+) has always work for the last couple of years.
Old 04-01-2022, 02:35 AM   #4
lswote

I have had my Mac-Mini running Display Link for almost 2 years with no problems and suddenly Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and HBO Max will not show video while my monitor running via Display Link is plugged in. Has anyone gotten wind of a fix?
lswote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 05:42 AM   #5
DLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswote View Post
I have had my Mac-Mini running Display Link for almost 2 years with no problems and suddenly Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and HBO Max will not show video while my monitor running via Display Link is plugged in. Has anyone gotten wind of a fix?
Same here.
Have not found a fix yet without not using the DisplayLink part of my setup, and going back to using a single external monitor.

And Optus Sport (Australia).

Was working fine on MacBook Air M1 2020 until today, which happened to coincide with the Apple Mac OS 12.3.1 update (updated from 12.3 to 12.3.1 this morning)

However, I tested the same setup with a different MacBook Air M1 2020 that was still on 12.3 and had the same issues whilst using the DisplayLink setup on my DisplayLink/Port compatible docking station with 2 DisplayLink/Port connected monitors.

I note that Chrome Browser also updated in the last 24 hours.

Netflix, Prime Video and Optus Sport work fine today when not using the DisplayLink setup.

Have been on the latest version of DisplayLink 1.6.1 for some time now.

Note: Apple TV+ has never worked with DisplayLink. No known workaround.
DLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:11 AM   #6
gkelway

I just tried using the Opera Browser and Netflix, Prime & Disney+ are working (for the moment anyways).