Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2022, 09:42 PM   #1
viktorb1

Default Screenshots and webcam take forever to load when using DisplayLink

Hi, I have the following setup:
- Macbook Pro M1 2020 (version 12.6)
- Dell D6000 (version 31.54)
- DisplayLink (version 1.7.1)
- Logitech C922 Pro Webcam (version 0.16)

I have 3 monitors attached, and the monitors and dock work as expected. The only issue that I keep running into is that when I try to take a screenshot on my mac, there is about a 1 minute lag between when I press the shortcut key to take the screenshot (CMD + SHIFT + 5) and when the dialog appears for taking a screenshot. This does not occur when I unplug the dock and try to take a screenshot on my laptop without any external monitors plugged in through the Dell D6000.

A similar problem occurs when I plug in my C922 webcam, both into the dock and directly into the laptop. There is a 1 minute hang time before the webcam loads and starts displaying the feed on the application that I am trying to use. If I disconnect the dock and plug in the webcam directly into the laptop, then everything works as expected, there is no hang time, and the webcam loads practically instantly on that application while using my laptop display.

I am not sure why this is occurring, but I suspect it has something to do with DisplayLink. If anyone could help me find a solution to this, I would greatly appreciate it. I attached my DisplayLinkInfo to this post. Thanks!

DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20221005_132440.zip
viktorb1 is offline   Reply With Quote