Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-02-2022, 12:37 AM   #1
dtsm98

Exclamation Ud-ultc4k

I recently purchased the dock in the subject line UD-ULTC4K and have these monitors:

Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor - U2422H, 60.47cm (23.8")

When I connect the monitor to the dock using HDMI or DisplayPort and then the dock to my M2 Macbook Air, I get the message that no displaylink enabled display detected. Not sure what I am doing wrong here.
dtsm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:05 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsm98 View Post
I recently purchased the dock in the subject line UD-ULTC4K and have these monitors:

Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor - U2422H, 60.47cm (23.8")

When I connect the monitor to the dock using HDMI or DisplayPort and then the dock to my M2 Macbook Air, I get the message that no displaylink enabled display detected. Not sure what I am doing wrong here.
My impression based on your description is that at present you have only one single Dell U2422H display connected to the UD-ULTC4K dock. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Presuming for the moment that my impression is correct, the UD-ULTC4K is a 'hybrid' dock that relies upon the native video output capabilities of the host computer (also known as VESA Alt Mode video) to drive one display and the capabilities of the DisplayLink chip inside the dock to drive the other two remaining displays.

The video outputs on the back of the dock are labelled to indicate what technology is driving each output. The 'Display 1' output is labelled 'ALT MODE' which is the native video output capabilites of the host computer.

The 'Display 2' and 'Display 3' outputs are labelled 'DISPLAYLINK' which as the name implies use the DisplayLink technology.

If the single Dell display is connected to the 'Display 1' video output port, the DisplayLink Manager software will not recognize the display's presence.

If you connect a display to the 'Display 2' or 'Display 3' video output ports, then the DisplayLink Manager software should recognize the displays.

If you have any additional questions or need further assistance, I would suggest contacting Plugable directly for assistance --> https://plugable.com/pages/support
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote