Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-24-2018, 08:35 PM   #441
JOEEDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by donluca View Post
I *think* I still have the original image to High Sierra 10.13.1. From there you can manually update to 10.13.3.

If you give me a bit of time I can check this and at that point is just a matter of making an image out of it and upload it somewhere.

EDIT: yup, found it, it should be .1 or .2 at best. Ripping it right now, will upload somewhere.

EDIT 2: There you go:

Installation image: https://mega.nz/#!Z6gCQSbD!O6ZoaUvLR...4opkVyLQQrTO8Y

Combo update to 10.13.3: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1953
So what do I do if I have already downloaded 10.13.6 and when I download this combo it won't let me install?
JOEEDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #442
Sofla David

you can't use an "update" to go backwards.You would need to back up all your documents, pictures, music, videos, etc, and then wipe your computer, install 10.13.0, then use the combo updater to go up to 10.13.3. You would then need to re-install all your applications and copy any documents, pictures, music and videos that you backed up before you started
Sofla David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:00 PM   #443
sla3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEEDS View Post
So what do I do if I have already downloaded 10.13.6 and when I download this combo it won't let me install?
I don't think you can go back versions with Combo only, you have to install 10.13.1 first, then run the combo to update to 10.13.3

I am not a pro but here is what I did:

1. I already had 10.12.6 (Sierra)
2. Downloaded 10.13.1 media (it's a .dmg) and double clicked it, which installed it for me (you already have 10.13.6, which means you might need to create bootable USB media for installation if the above will not work).
3. Once completed, I downloaded the combo and installed it in the same way as above.

Let us know how it'd go.
sla3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:03 PM   #444
donluca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEEDS View Post
You're basically fucked, like most of us. You can't downgrade unless you want to do what others suggested you: backup all your stuff somewhere safe, format your Mac and install the base High Sierra, disable automatic update and then update to 10.13.3 using the combo updater.

My issue with this is that I've updated several apps and I'm afraid they won't work anymore if I go back to 10.13.3, which means I would have to uninstall them and install them fresh, losing all the settings and stuff in the process, which is a huge time waste and big no-no for me.

You'd better wait for DisplayLink to come up with a properly working driver.
donluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #445
State_from_Jake_Farm

Quote:
You'd better wait for DisplayLink to come up with a properly working driver.
LOL.. good one!

Last edited by State_from_Jake_Farm; 07-25-2018 at 03:19 PM.
State_from_Jake_Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:19 AM   #446
displayhero

after having the latest updates installed and continually waiting for a solution for over 6 months now... I now have my screens back and running. I do not have airplay so I have had a screen sitting here doing nothing for that amount of time.

donluca you are a god amongst men. thanks for posting those... there is NOTHING in the new updates beyond 10.13.3 that is noticeable for me.

i am happy to remain on this until a solution comes out.. but even so i dont think ill risk updating again after what happened.
displayhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #447
State_from_Jake_Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by displayhero View Post
after having the latest updates installed and continually waiting for a solution for over 6 months now... I now have my screens back and running. I do not have airplay so I have had a screen sitting here doing nothing for that amount of time.

donluca you are a god amongst men. thanks for posting those... there is NOTHING in the new updates beyond 10.13.3 that is noticeable for me.

i am happy to remain on this until a solution comes out.. but even so i dont think ill risk updating again after what happened.
Not updating eh? That's not very smart. Here's some of the security updates you will be missing out on..........

AMD

Available for: macOS High Sierra 10.13.5

Impact: A malicious application may be able to determine kernel memory layout

Description: An information disclosure issue was addressed by removing the vulnerable code.

CVE-2018-4289: shrek_wzw of Qihoo 360 Nirvan Team

APFS

Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

CVE-2018-4268: Mac working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative

ATS

Impact: A malicious application may be able to gain root privileges

Description: A type confusion issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

CVE-2018-4285: Mohamed Ghannam (@_simo36)

Bluetooth

Available for: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) and MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
Other Mac models were addressed with macOS High Sierra 10.13.5.

Impact: An attacker in a privileged network position may be able to intercept Bluetooth traffic

Description: An input validation issue existed in Bluetooth. This issue was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2018-5383: Lior Neumann and Eli Biham

Entry added July 23, 2018

CFNetwork

Impact: Cookies may unexpectedly persist in Safari

Description: A cookie management issue was addressed with improved checks.

CVE-2018-4293: an anonymous researcher

CoreCrypto

Available for: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Impact: A malicious application may be able to break out of its sandbox

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2018-4269: Abraham Masri (@cheesecakeufo)

DesktopServices

Available for: macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Impact: A local user may be able to view sensitive user information

Description: A permissions issue existed in which execute permission was incorrectly granted. This issue was addressed with improved permission validation.

CVE-2018-4178: Arjen Hendrikse

IOGraphics

Impact: A local user may be able to read kernel memory

Description: An out-of-bounds read issue existed that led to the disclosure of kernel memory. This was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2018-4283: @panicaII working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative

Kernel

Available for: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, macOS High Sierra 10.13.5

Impact: Systems using Intel® Core-based microprocessors may potentially allow a local process to infer data utilizing Lazy FP state restore from another process through a speculative execution side channel

Description: Lazy FP state restore instead of eager save and restore of the state upon a context switch. Lazy restored states are potentially vulnerable to exploits where one process may infer register values of other processes through a speculative execution side channel that infers their value.

An information disclosure issue was addressed with FP/SIMD register state sanitization.

CVE-2018-3665: Julian Stecklina of Amazon Germany, Thomas Prescher of Cyberus Technology GmbH (cyberus-technology.de), Zdenek Sojka of SYSGO AG (sysgo.com), and Colin Percival

libxpc

Available for: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, macOS High Sierra 10.13.5

Impact: An application may be able to gain elevated privileges

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

CVE-2018-4280: Brandon Azad

libxpc

Impact: A malicious application may be able to read restricted memory

Description: An out-of-bounds read was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2018-4248: Brandon Azad

LinkPresentation

Impact: Visiting a malicious website may lead to address bar spoofing

Description: A spoofing issue existed in the handling of URLs. This issue was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2018-4277: xisigr of Tencent's Xuanwu Lab (tencent.com)
State_from_Jake_Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:59 PM   #448
donluca

Keeping your OS updated is crucial, especially if you do any kind of buying/selling/online banking.

If you just fool around with social networks and read news it's alright (almost) to lag behind updates, but if you do any serious work you're putting yourself at a huge risk.

I do critical work with my Macs and I *must* stay on the latest patches, this is why I hope DL will get a solution out soon.
donluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:34 AM   #449
displayhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by State_from_Jake_Farm View Post
Not updating eh? That's not very smart. Here's some of the security updates you will be missing out on..........
With what I use my mac for, the updates arent crucial. My main pc is on windows
displayhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:15 AM   #450
MC Ren

Quote:
Keeping your OS updated is crucial, especially if you do any kind of buying/selling/online banking.

If you just fool around with social networks and read news it's alright (almost) to lag behind updates, but if you do any serious work you're putting yourself at a huge risk.

I do critical work with my Macs and I *must* stay on the latest patches, this is why I hope DL will get a solution out soon.
It's been 7 months, there is zero chance DL is releasing a fix soon, if at all.
MC Ren is offline   Reply With Quote