Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 05:55 AM   #11
raym

This worked.

Stupid question, but now the display link user agent is now allowed to record our screen? Is this a privacy issue?
Old 07-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #12
mlukaszek

Hi raym,

The new permission is required to be able to use an interface of the O/S that allows the driver to get pixels that are supposed to be displayed on screens connected to DisplayLink devices.

Similarly, on Catalina, you probably noticed you are now being asked to grant permissions for various apps trying to access files in various locations on your disk that are potentially sensitive. (DisplayLink driver does not need any of that in order to work)

Both examples are part of the improved security mechanisms Catalina brings - giving more control to users.

Kind regards,
Michal
Old 07-18-2019, 12:31 AM   #13
raym

Thank you Michal. This makes sense
Old 08-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #14
BRUTH

I got both my monitors working when I boot up but as soon as I undock my macbook and then plug it back in neither external monitor will reconnect, even if I log out and back in it doesn't work. Has to be a full reboot. Any ideas? I have the boxes ticked in both Accessibility and Screen Recording.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:50 AM   #15
whitehusky

I know the subject says Solved, but it's not.

Running a 2018 MBP 15", Catalina 10.15, connecting via USB C. Got an ASUS ZenScreen, installed drivers 5.2 from DisplayLink. Install went fine, I approved the kext, and allowed the screen recording DisplayLinkUserAgent. Rebooted. Doesn't work. The display gives the error: "DisplayPort NO SIGNAL". When connected, the mouse cursor using the touchpad "sticks" every second and then catches up. Tried uninstalling, rebooting, re-installing - 3 times. Same exact thing. So it's definitely still broken. Anyone know when a fix will be coming or any other workaround?

(The only workaround I've found is to use a USB-C to USB-A adapter on the MBP t o convert the USB-C to A - that works... it's obviously not DisplayPort over USB-C anymore, but it does work. But using an adapter is a bad solution when it should just be fixed in software to make USB-C work.)

SysInfo reports:
Version: 5.2 (15)
Last Modified: 8/13/19, 7:34 PM
Bundle ID: com.displaylink.driver.DisplayLinkDriver
Notarized: Yes
Loaded: Yes
Get Info String: DisplayLink Driver 5.2.15 - Copyright © 2003 - 2019 DisplayLink (UK) Ltd. All rights reserved.
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Kind: Intel
Architectures: x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 5.2 (15)
Load Address: 18446743521823678000
Loadable: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied
Signed by: Developer ID Application: DisplayLink Corp (73YQY62QM3), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20190813_201745.zip (601.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by whitehusky; 08-14-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #16
Bartonyn

Default Tried it all but it still does not work

I have ticked it in privacy tab, did it in accessibility tab, but still does not work, the screen is still black, any other options have worked for others?
Old 10-08-2019, 02:58 PM   #17
dirkseidel

For me this is also NOT solved. I checked the appropriate boxes in the security settings but the third screen stays black. It is shown in System Preferences -> Monitors, but thats all, nothing is visible on the screen.
I have tried installing the older driver again, uninstalling and installing 5.2.1, nothing seems to helps.

MacBook Air (Beginning of 2015, 2.2GHz i7)

Now, again, after the desaster with MacOS 10.13, I am left with a missing screen in my working environment...
Old 10-08-2019, 03:24 PM   #18
GlennBruy

Thumbs down Not solved!

I've reinstalled the driver + Checked screen recording box + Reboot several times without succes. The displays show up in preferences, but they remain black. First install cursor was visible, now nothing.

Please fix this.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:38 PM   #19
jevans667cc

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) with Dell U2717D external monitor.

After the upgrade, I simply missed the checkbox in System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Screen Recording. Made the mistake of installing the beta 2 driver, which did not work. Downgrading back to 5.1.1 and making sure the box was checked and bingo, I have my external monitor back.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #20
dirkseidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevans667cc View Post
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) with Dell U2717D external monitor.

After the upgrade, I simply missed the checkbox in System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Screen Recording. Made the mistake of installing the beta 2 driver, which did not work. Downgrading back to 5.1.1 and making sure the box was checked and bingo, I have my external monitor back.
Thanks man! With 5.1.1 it is working again. I just tried 5.2.0...
Closed Thread