Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-27-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
krystian

Lightbulb Mojave 10.14.5 - performance depending on refresh rate

Hello

I have bought my Dell D6000 and the setup process was surprisingly good. I have connected everything, nothing worked ( ), installed drivers, rebooted and boom, I have my screens.

I have one screen connected using HDMI port and the other one connected using the Display Link port.

I have noticed that the screen connected using DL looks a bit “weird”. Nothing special, but it was one of the things that catch your eye and won’t let go.
I went to the settings and noticed that the DL display is detected like a TV screen (mind you, the name and colour settings match the display’s name and colour settings).
I can change the refresh rate between:
59.88 Hertz (NTSC)
60 Hertz (NTSC)

This seems really odd (especially the 0.12Hz difference),. By default, MacOS sets it to 59.88. Everything works as it’s intended but I have a feeling something is off regarding the colours. It may be just my imagination.

When I change the setting to 60Hz I end up with an issue which is often described in here - looks like the screen input, scrolls are refreshed one time per second. What’s weird is that it’s not the case in all apps. I can drag the windows very fast and the animation keeps up, but scrolling inside chrome is painfully slow.

I am not sure what is the issue here, but I wanted to share the refresh rate observation.

Thanks
Krystian
krystian is offline   Reply With Quote