Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2024, 02:37 PM   #21
niget2002

I was able to get mine working again.

I followed the instructions here: https://support.displaylink.com/know...at-all-when-co

When I first brought up the system report, my docking station was just showing up as a USB Hub.

After disconnecting ALL cables from the docking station including power... AND disconnecting the USB-C from the laptop, I plugged just power back into the docking station.

This time, when I plugged the USB-C back into the laptop, it recognized the device as a 5k Graphic Docking station AND a USB Hub.

I was then able to plug each peripheral into the docking station one at a time and they were picked up appropriately.

I did test unplugging the USB-C from the laptop and plugging it back in and it appears to still be working. I'll report back if something happens it the external displays and ethernet on the docking station stop working again.
niget2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 07:16 PM   #22
donmontalvo

Reading through all these posts, no idea what the problem is, like can we define "does not work"?

We have thousands of users on macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, and have DisplayLink Manager 1.10.1 deployed using Jamf Pro.

The only issue we ran into is the postinstall script in the package has incorrect syntax for opening the app as the current user, and I provided the fix, hoping to see 1.10.2 released soon.

https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=69195

If using Jamf Pro, a Configuration Profile that includes an appropriate Login Items payload will ensure the app opens at login.

If you're not using Jamf Pro, nothing to see here.
donmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 07:21 PM   #23
donmontalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by niget2002 View Post

I followed the instructions here: https://support.displaylink.com/know...at-all-when-co

When I first brought up the system report, my docking station was just showing up as a USB Hub.

After disconnecting ALL cables from the docking station including power... AND disconnecting the USB-C from the laptop, I plugged just power back into the docking station.

This time, when I plugged the USB-C back into the laptop, it recognized the device as a 5k Graphic Docking station AND a USB Hub.

I was then able to plug each peripheral into the docking station one at a time and they were picked up appropriately.

I did test unplugging the USB-C from the laptop and plugging it back in and it appears to still be working. I'll report back if something happens it the external displays and ethernet on the docking station stop working again.
Try higher throughput rated USBC cables...

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Thun.../dp/B07CPLYBMW
donmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:32 PM   #24
XenoPoppy

Default Nothing fixes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niget2002 View Post

Doesn't work. I have tried every suggestion on this forum and it still crashes about every 2 minutes.

And as far as "can someone define what doesn't work means" - it HAS been defined in the forum, I found my exact issue on here. I have it open and running screens, then at random (sometimes every 30 seconds to sometimes every few hours) it crashes- just during registering for the forum and typing the comment it has crashed twice. I click the app & the displays connect again. BUT in my case whatever window I was working on when the app crashed gets moved to the last display (typing the comment on a browser window in display 2, it crashes and when it opens and reorganized back, the window is on display 3.

I updated everything this am, unplugged everything yesterday and today. I have been troubleshooting this since I got it. Biggest PAIN in the butt piece of tech. PLEASE fix.
XenoPoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:25 AM   #25
strizzo

I am having similar problems. Here is my experience.

OSX 14.4.1 M1 MBP
DisplayLink Manager 1.10.1 (build 93)
Dell D6000 Dock
Two Dell 27" Ultrasharp displays connected via displayport

At home external displays stopped working and no combo of unplugging/re-plugging will get them back online.

HDMI direct to MBP to either of the displays work perfectly.

Last week I went into the office and connected to the same model D6000 Dell Dock and two similar but smaller Dell monitors everything worked fine.

I've noticed that the message "please allow your DisplayLink device to connect to this Mac" never goes away after plugging the dock in via usb-c.
strizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 10:32 AM   #26
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahiro View Post
I updated macOS then displaylink not work. the details are as bellow:

mac arch - M2
macOS - sonoma 14.4.1
displaylink - 1.10.1 build96
displaylink rotation and toggle in displaylink manager - SHARP
displaylink clean tool - DONE

Best Regards
Hello,

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 11:49 AM   #27
takahiro

Default Log EMAIL

Hi Daniel

I sent a email(zip attached) now.

Best Regards
takahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 03:59 PM   #28
anupsahu

Default Need support from DisplayLink

I dont know why the fix is taking so much time for displaylink team to fix. I have reported this issue since 3 months now. They promised me a fix in the next release but that didnt fix either.

Its about time you take this on priority and fix this. Its causing so much people loss of productivity.
anupsahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 06:06 AM   #29
irakli

Default Macos senoma 14.4.1

Display link not working. I have two monitors and both shear same image. Displaylink can't recognize neither montiros.
irakli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 02:55 PM   #30
sebrandon1

Is no one at DisplayLink using MacOS 14.4.1? Incredibly frustrating to check for a new release for the last 6 weeks and not see any progress on fixing these issues.
sebrandon1 is offline   Reply With Quote