Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #51
IT helper

Two of the Port Replicators VY847AA#ABA
are attached to the audio base. They have been rolled back with no good results.

The third one has no audio nor has the driver been installed. Still freezing.

I have two tech case numbers in HP and the case manger has now said he has finally received two more cases. They are only offering refunds no fixes.

I attempted to duplicate with one of the replicators and all the drivers installed on my HP 8000 Elite. Nuts, worked fine. Seems to be only the laptops.

Last edited by IT helper; 10-07-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: spelling
IT helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #52
IT helper

Default Follow up

Anyone had any update on this situation? It is pointing at the Display Link software and I would like to hear that They and working with HP.

My first computer was the F-14 weapons system
Old 10-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #53
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT helper View Post
Anyone had any update on this situation? It is pointing at the Display Link software and I would like to hear that They and working with HP.
We have contacted HP about the audio driver, as this is not provided by DisplayLink.

I'm assuming that if you uninstall the DisplayLink software and connect the dock, the freezing no longer occurs? Is that correct?

If this is the case, could you post the logs from one of your freezing systems to see if we can see anything unusual? Also, could you try v6.0 M1 which has just been released on the DisplayLink website.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #54
IT helper

Default More testing

The port replicators are VY847AA#ABA. All four the same.

The laptops are all Product Number QB648AV. Known as a dv7.

The drivers are sp46708 NIC
Sp52656 Audio
Sp52243 Video

Configurations at this time:
1. Not docked. Works fine. All drivers installed
2. Docked. Using NIC and Audio. Video driver uninstalled
3. Docked. NIC and Video driver installed. Dual monitor
4. Docked. NIC only. No other drivers

None of the laptops appear to be having issues with only the NC installed.
Any laptop with the video driver for the Display link locks up randomly during the day. This forces a hard shutdown of the system and our executives are losing work product. No a good thing.

If any laptop locks up and is removed from the port replicator the laptop will work fine for days off the dock.

I have installed all the drivers on my HP Elite 8000 and ran everything through the port replicators. No errors and no lockups. I only see failures with the dv7. I do not have a spare laptop from HP to test anther version.

I did go backward on one of the laptops to a previous driver and the results were the same. Uninstalled the old driver and all drivers are the latest on HP’s site.

I was contacted by HP engineering and we are hoping to continue troubleshooting this issue for a quick resolution. My Execs are not feeling good about me using them as test subjects.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #55
Wim

Hi Rick

I understand your execs not wanting to be test subjects. We have that problem here :-)

Just to be clear, with configuration 2 (Docked. Using NIC and Audio. Video driver uninstalled) the laptop did NOT lock up?

Have you tried v6.0 M1 from the DisplayLink website to see if this makes a difference? Are there any particular applications they are using at the time that cause this?

Thanks

Wim
Old 11-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #56
nydamon

Default Updates?

Has there been any updates on this?

The problem was brought to this forum 5 months ago, and as far as I can tell, there is no resolution, and HP is still selling non-working product.

Any news here?
nydamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #57
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydamon View Post
Has there been any updates on this?

The problem was brought to this forum 5 months ago, and as far as I can tell, there is no resolution, and HP is still selling non-working product.

Any news here?
There has been a resolution from one user finding it was down to the latest audio drivers from HP for the dock (not a component provided by DisplayLink). See post 46.

We have tried to reproduce this, but cannot - even on the same PC systems quoted here. We are reasonably sure that this is not directly related to DisplayLink software, but other components and drivers needed for the dock provided by HP. I think HP support are in the best position to try and reproduce this and find the offending driver component.

Thanks

Wim
Old 11-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #58
BradleyBrad

Default Whole system doesn't freeze with HP Pavilion

We are experiencing the freeze however all we have to do is unplug and reconnect the hub power supply and the system is back where it was. The actual laptop is not freezing. Please advise if there's a fix for this. It looks like this has been a reported problem for quite some time.
BradleyBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #59
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyBrad View Post
We are experiencing the freeze however all we have to do is unplug and reconnect the hub power supply and the system is back where it was. The actual laptop is not freezing. Please advise if there's a fix for this. It looks like this has been a reported problem for quite some time.
Yes, this is a completely different problem that should be solved in v5.6 software or later. Please open a new thread if you have freezing with v6.0 M1

Thanks

Wim
Old 11-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #60
IT helper

Default still freezing

Wim,

The laptops (2) with the version 6 from Display Link are still exhibiting the same issues. As you can see from my posts I have almost every configuration with aduio, video and NIC. The problems persist.

Worse yet, I have one laptop and setup that is IDENTICAL to all the others with NO errors. Go figure. It is running all the original drivers with no updates.

I think this is a HP problem but still waiting for them to fix the docks.