Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2015, 11:42 PM   #1
instantidiocy

Default Blank Screen on USB Display - Win 8.1

To begin, I have gone through all of the recommended knowledge-base & forum troubleshooting steps, and am now posting my DisplayLink Support Tool export data. I have uploaded the .zip file, but here is a quick run-down.

DisplayLink Connection: USB-to-DVI device connected directly to USB 3.0 on back of tower
What Happened: I believe this to be tied to some recent system updates - though I'm hard-pressed to say which, exactly. My 3rd display was working, then I installed a series of system updates:
  • Windows OS Updates
  • Nvidia GPU Driver Update
  • PC OEM WiFi Adapter & *BIOS* Update

Additional Data:
  • The display was working after each of those updates, but after one last reboot, it didn't come back.
  • The monitor gets a "signal", but blank screen. If I disable the display in the Windows "Screen Resolution" GUI, the display recognizes the disconnected "signal" and shuts off.
  • The 3rd display is working in Windows when I connect via TeamViewer, just nothing coming from the monitor.
  • That monitor works on another computer, and trying a different monitor had no effect.
  • During my own troubleshooting, I was able to get the display to come back briefly. I had performed a full uninstall of the DisplayLink software, followed by a clean install of Nvidia drivers, and then the 3rd display came back upon running the DisplayLink installer. Then when I logged off to switch to my other profile, it turned off and hasn't come back. The same process again, did not yield the same results.
  • I get no errors upon installation, or when running the checks in the DisplayLink Support Tool.
  • The monitor connected to the USB adapter, shows as connected to my PCI-E Nvidia GTX 650 Ti.
  • The BIOS update may have re-enabled my onboard GPU (AMD APU), but I don't recall having to go into BIOS to disable it previously. However, I am unable to enter the BIOS so far to disable it (Win8.1 UEFI quick-boot, etc).

That about covers it. Any further questions, let me know. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip WOODHOUSE_20150216_160724.zip (806.5 KB, 4 views)
instantidiocy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:04 PM   #2
Kubam

Hello instantidiocy,
thank you for contacting us and your logs.

Can you try following:
1. Make sure that AMD GPU is not enabled in Device Manager. If it is, please try to disable it, reboot computer and check if this helps.
Also, when you manage to enter BIOS, please make sure that AMD GPU is not enabled.
2. If above does not help try to downgrade NVidia driver to previous version and check the issue.

Please let me know about your results.

BR,
Kuba
Kubam is offline   Reply With Quote