Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #11
PaulJ

Hi tomr and GTIceman,

We would like to know more about the issues you are seeing.

Can you please run the Display Link Support Tool (available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109) using the Advanced Logging option…
* Click Advanced Options
* Turn on Advanced DisplayLink Logging
* Click Advanced Options
* Click Gather Support Information

Once you have a .zip file could you please reply in this thread and add the file as an attachment.

It would also be useful if you could please supply the precise model and make of the two monitors you are using and some details about how they are setup:
* Which dock output is each monitor connected to?
* Which input is used on each monitor (e.g. HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort) and also which one if there are multiple inputs for the same connector type? (e.g. HDMI-1, HDMI-2)
* are any converters used (e.g. DVI->HDMI) – if so, please supply the make and model if possible.

Also, could you tell us if the issue persists when…
* the PC is rebooted,
* each cable is unplugged & replugged at the PC, dock and monitor?

This should greatly aid our investigation of your issues and hopefully help us reach a solution.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 11-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #12
brandon

Default Windows 10 build 9879 update

The latest Windows 10 build 9879 broke my display link but I was able to uninstall and reinstall alpha2 and it started working again after a few tires.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #13
meritage98

Default 9879 too

I have also upgraded to the latest build 9879 of Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 and my displaylink broke as well. I attempted several variations of reinstalling the alpha v2 drivers as well but am unable to restore visibility to my attached external displays via the Belkin dock. It's strange because, the monitors do detect a connect and turn from amber to blue, but no images are displayed on the screen. Anyone care to send me v3 to test? Or offer better testing steps?
Old 11-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #14
PaulJ

meritage98,

If you could follow the steps in my previous post to allow us to investigate this issue we would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 11-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #15
meritage98

Default win 10 9879

so I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of alpha2 drivers to no avail. same results. Diag zip attached. Belkin surface 3 dock B2B043-C00, Dell P2311Hb monitors. Two monitors hanging off the dock, 1 on display port, 2 on dvi and 3 on USB. I have run tests to exclude and include the USB independently, but it has the same results. It's a USB pluggable, displaylink certified device as well. Also switch from amber to blue on the monitors when connected but not video on displays.

Last edited by meritage98; 11-21-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #16
JezzH

Hi meritage98,

Thank you for posting us the logs for your issue. Unfortunatly the uploaded zip file is empty, so can you please post the logs to us again?

Thanks,
Jezz
Old 11-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #17
snak35

Default Builddd 9879

I was struggling with the monitors and uninstalled the software followed by using cleaning tool and then installed alpha (following instructions at http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=376). Seems to now work.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #18
meritage98

Default cleaner

I repeated the cleaner steps as suggested, but nada mucho. still amber to blue on monitors, with no images on display. attached zip again. thx

Last edited by meritage98; 11-21-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #19
amnon

Default Remove blockage of installation from Windows 10 builds

I work for Microsoft.
I was running the public tech preview successfully, but then switched to an internal build - spoiler - it has rainbows and unicorns, and that's as far as I will go to discuss it so please don't even try :-)
The current drivers I have (DisplayLink_7.7M0 and DisplayLink_7.8_Alpha2) refuse to install with the "The Operating system is not supported by DisplayLink software." error.
I realize that these builds of the DisplayLink driver haven't been tested on such internal Windows 10 builds, but it is probably a safe bet that they will still work if the installation code allows.
Therefore I'd like to request that a new build of the DisplayLink drivers be minted and the limitation be removed. I'll have to deal with the consequences if the driver doesn't work.
Thanks,
Amnon
Old 11-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #20
PaulJ

Hi amnon,

There should be a new build on WU that will resolve this issue for you. Thanks for testing, let us know of any more issues and also if it all now works wonderfully!

Thanks,
Paul