Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2024, 09:19 PM   #1
Firewood1

Default Resolution issue after using different displays

Hello,

I haven't ever had to post here before as my Anker 563 USB-C Dock has been flawless. However, since disconnecting and using it with different displays, I cannot reconfigure my usual setup and max resolutions are not available.

I have 3 x 2560 x 1440 displays connected to my MacBook Pro M2. One display is connected to the HDMi on the MacBook, then 2 displays connected to the Anker Dock, one with HDMi and the other DisplayPort.

I had no issue getting the full 2560 x 1440 resolution on all 3 displays with my MacBook Pro was in clamshell mode, but then I used the dock with a pair of 1920 x 1080 displays, and my iPad Pro as a 3rd display. Since plugging the usual displays back in, I can't get higher than 1920 x 1080 on the two original displays connected to the Dock.

Can anyone help me with this please? I'm running MacOS 13.2, which has remained unchanged throughout this. My DisplayLink Manager version was v1.8.1. In trying to resolve this I have upgraded to v1.10.1 without success.

Many thanks
Firewood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 10:57 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewood1 View Post
Hello,

I haven't ever had to post here before as my Anker 563 USB-C Dock has been flawless. However, since disconnecting and using it with different displays, I cannot reconfigure my usual setup and max resolutions are not available.

I have 3 x 2560 x 1440 displays connected to my MacBook Pro M2. One display is connected to the HDMi on the MacBook, then 2 displays connected to the Anker Dock, one with HDMi and the other DisplayPort.

I had no issue getting the full 2560 x 1440 resolution on all 3 displays with my MacBook Pro was in clamshell mode, but then I used the dock with a pair of 1920 x 1080 displays, and my iPad Pro as a 3rd display. Since plugging the usual displays back in, I can't get higher than 1920 x 1080 on the two original displays connected to the Dock.

Can anyone help me with this please? I'm running MacOS 13.2, which has remained unchanged throughout this. My DisplayLink Manager version was v1.8.1. In trying to resolve this I have upgraded to v1.10.1 without success.

Many thanks
As a first step, I would suggest using the End-User Cleaner tool for macOS --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...tool-for-macos and then perform a fresh install of the latest release of the DisplayLink Manager application in order to see if that changes the behavior.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote