Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2023, 06:28 AM   #1
tim-hilt

Default DisplayLink device not detected with Lenovo ThinkVision p27h-20

I use two Lenovo ThinkVision p27h-20 displays in a daisy-chain. The monitors themselves are USB-C (3.2) enabled, the daisy-chaining is realized via DisplayPort 1.2. I use the monitors on a MacBook Air M1, which runs the latest MacOS Sonoma.

When I open the DisplayLink Manager UI from the menu-bar, I see a message that prompts me to allow my accessories to connect to the device. However, I don't get such a popup when I replug the USB-C cable. Rebooting also hasn't worked.

That means that MacOS default behavior (mirroring the first display to the daisy-chained monitor) is still what I'm seeing.

Is there anything else I can try? Do you have experience with this particular model?
tim-hilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 10:03 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim-hilt View Post
I use two Lenovo ThinkVision p27h-20 displays in a daisy-chain. The monitors themselves are USB-C (3.2) enabled, the daisy-chaining is realized via DisplayPort 1.2. I use the monitors on a MacBook Air M1, which runs the latest MacOS Sonoma.

When I open the DisplayLink Manager UI from the menu-bar, I see a message that prompts me to allow my accessories to connect to the device. However, I don't get such a popup when I replug the USB-C cable. Rebooting also hasn't worked.

That means that MacOS default behavior (mirroring the first display to the daisy-chained monitor) is still what I'm seeing.

Is there anything else I can try? Do you have experience with this particular model?
According to the information provided by Lenovo about your displays here --> https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/p...-panel-monitor the monitors you are using do NOT have DisplayLink technology inside of them. As a result, DisplayLink will not be able to assist you.

The monitors you are using have a DisplayPort Multi-stream (also known as DP MST) hub inside of them that allows them to be daisy-chained together.

Apple Mac computers running macOS do NOT support DP MST technology (which is why both monitors are showing a mirror image) and there is no workaround for this behavior.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 12:45 PM   #3
tim-hilt

Thank you! I didn't know that and would likely not have found that out by myself. Thanks for your reply
tim-hilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 06:06 AM   #4
abshiregabrielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
According to the information provided by Lenovo about your displays here --> https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/p...-panel-monitor basketball stars the monitors you are using do NOT have DisplayLink technology inside of them. As a result, DisplayLink will not be able to assist you.

The monitors you are using have a DisplayPort Multi-stream (also known as DP MST) hub inside of them that allows them to be daisy-chained together.

Apple Mac computers running macOS do NOT support DP MST technology (which is why both monitors are showing a mirror image) and there is no workaround for this behavior.
I am grateful to you! I had no idea, and it's quite unlikely that I would have been able to find it out on my own. Thank you very much for your response.

Last edited by abshiregabrielle; 11-29-2023 at 07:33 AM.
abshiregabrielle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daisy chain, lenovo, lenovo p27h-20, mac m1, sonoma