Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
kpayne

Default Trouble with DL and Targus Docking station

All of a sudden my docking station has stopped working. When i plug it in the mouse and keyboard work but the display and networking doesn't. In the device manager there is an item listed as unknown device, i have tried uninstalling it. Here is the DL support log. Any advice would be helpful. I have tried updating/reloading the USB 3.0 drivers, and the DL link software. This is on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop.

SAVILLESTLT_20130429_152441.zip
kpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
luiset83

I posted this verbatim from another thread, but I believe the approach will work for you:

The only troubleshooting step I can think of is to remove any old/stale USB devices and force Windows to re-detect them after an unplug/reboot/replug ... You may do that with USBDeview: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Sometimes when I install a particular Windows Update or install a new DisplayLink driver, the previous USB drivers/detection logic will break because of stale/conflicting devices. When this happens, I would not be able to get any screen output, but perhaps network/audio from the hub. Try getting rid of (removing) the stale/old USB devices, especially all the ones relating to the DisplayLink hub. Next, reboot the PC. Finally, re-plug the hub. You should see USB detection happen for all the DisplayLink pieces again and hopefully your problem will be fixed.
luiset83 is offline   Reply With Quote