Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-16-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
Carlo
Mac Team

Default El Capitan compatibility

Hi All,

The first developer preview of 10.11 does not correctly support DisplayLink products.
We have found issues in USB support, especially on recent systems, and in the screen management.
A couple of issues are certainly not specific to USB displays and will probably be fixed quickly.
There may be other issues hidden, we'll keep you updated.

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:19 PM   #2
trevize

Let us know when a beta version is ready to test with 10.11. I'm ready to upgrade/beta test but need my monitors to work! :-)
trevize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:13 AM   #3
Sousaphone

I'm already on El Capitan, and will test as soon as a beta is out. Though I need my extra screen for most of the work I do, vacation is too close for me to bother downgrading.
Sousaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
spoon71

Can confirm that ethernet on my Dell DL3100 is nonfunctional after upgrade (not using monitors so not tested them).
spoon71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #5
timj77

Both screens working ok after update to Public Preview 1 but DisplayLinkManager process using 125% CPU.
timj77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:24 AM   #6
uptownchi

Default PB1 w/supplemental patch works with EVGA UV Plus+ 39

Good Evening,

I have a the UV Plus+ 39 and I am not sure which chipset it is but I can confirm it is working on El Capitan w/USB 3.0 on a Mid2011 Mac Mini. Initially it did not work at all and USB was no recognized. I ran the supplemental update this afternoon and rebooted. It came online afterwards.

Screen looks fine, same brilliant colors and it still has the weird artifacts from previous versions. CPU utilization is 6%-8% when idle and the window server is taking up about 3% of that. DisplayLinkManager is about 0.2% to 1.5% when idle. It it has spiked to around here and there 7% then drop back down. It's nothing I see constantly though. DisplayLinkUserAgent process will stay around 0.2% - 1.5% but typically at the lower end.

Occasionally I see this error on the consolelog but I am not sure if it is related:
WindowServer:allocate_backing_surface : IOAccelCreateSurface = e00002c7

I would like to add that although it does not use the Quartz compositor, no QE, etc, the display is visibly faster with redraw, etc. If I place a window on the screen and move it around it doesn't lag like it did in Yosemite. It looks almost as fast as the native HDMI and Mini-Displayport monitors.

This monitor is a 1440x900 Viewsonic LCD using DVI.

Last edited by uptownchi; 07-11-2015 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Adding more information.
uptownchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:46 PM   #7
luuk

Not working for me. Display stays black using: 2.4

Any update when there will be a new beta release?
luuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:08 AM   #8
Sousaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by luuk View Post
Not working for me. Display stays black using: 2.4
Same result here after installing the latest and greatest in Public Beta updates.
Sousaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:09 PM   #9
bash0224

I was having the same issues. I found that the display would stay black but my mouse would still go past the border of screen #1 as if screen #2 was active. What I did was open activity monitor and find the displaylinkuseragent and quit the process. Once I quit the process, screen #2 would start working and the displaylinkuseragent would relaunch, this time without hanging.
bash0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:38 PM   #10
pbuckner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash0224 View Post
What I did was open activity monitor and find the displaylinkuseragent and quit the process. Once I quit the process, screen #2 would start working and the displaylinkuseragent would relaunch, this time without hanging.
I also saw my mouse go to the blanked window, but quitting displaylinkuseragent didn't fix anything for me. (ratz!)

Yosemite 10.10.4 with Displaylink driver 2.4.
pbuckner is offline   Reply With Quote