Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 04-03-2018, 10:41 PM   #151
phrogg

Just an FYI that a reboot switched which monitor it was cloning...but when I go to sleep it swaps to the other one. So there must be a setting somewhere I can access. Still hope to hear the answer.
phrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:48 AM   #152
Alanant

No change in 10.13.5 Beta 1.
Alanant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:40 PM   #153
tommiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanant View Post
No change in 10.13.5 Beta 1.
A week into this and no news from displaylink as to what is happening. As its been months since the beta and it eas not fixed I think we all now know that the answer to this is probably the end of displaylink boxes. Looks like time to search for some thing else to use instead of display link or ditch the mac for windows instead.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:58 PM   #154
DLguy

its Apple and displayLink that need to work together. Apple doesn't really care about other products that are compatible or not with their products. I think we all need to look for alternate solutions. DisplayLink made their money from us and now its time to move on.
DLguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:27 AM   #155
azink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLguy View Post
its Apple and displayLink that need to work together. Apple doesn't really care about other products that are compatible or not with their products. I think we all need to look for alternate solutions. DisplayLink made their money from us and now its time to move on.
Does anyone know any alternate products for USB video? I don't think this will be resolved quickly (if ever) but all USB external monitor solutions seem to be using DisplayLink...
azink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:36 PM   #156
tommiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by azink View Post
Does anyone know any alternate products for USB video? I don't think this will be resolved quickly (if ever) but all USB external monitor solutions seem to be using DisplayLink...
Think your going to need to go with thunderbolt as apple obviously see's USB is only for things like data transfer i suppose.

Its a shame but the lack of any response from DisplayLink on any progress at all probably means there is none.

Last edited by tommiy; 04-06-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:57 PM   #157
tommiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiy View Post
Think your going to need to go with thunderbolt as apple obviously see's USB is only for things like data transfer i suppose.

Its a shame but the lack of any response from DisplayLink on any progress at all probably means there is none.
Someone earlier asked about solutions that do not use DisplayLink. Plugable have published their solution for Macs now at the link below. As you guess no displaylink in any of these options. Seems time to move on. I'm off to try and buy one of these and ditch my current dock.

https://plugable.com/2018/04/04/alte...-ultc4k-docks/
Old 04-06-2018, 10:15 PM   #158
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Dear DisplayLink Mac Users,

Finding a solution to this issue remains the highest business priority within DisplayLink.
Our teams are investigating several potential workarounds that could enable some level of extended desktop functionality to be restored in 10.13.4. In parallel, we are continuing to explore with Apple routes to a permanent and complete solution.

In the meantime, we have today released a second beta of our 4.3 driver. Installing this driver will enable cloning of the native display on DisplayLink connected screens.
4.3 Beta 2 improves the current workaround by preserving the primary display aspect ratio and allowing to select which screen is cloned in a multiple display setup.
We do not regard this as a long term solution and will continue to work hard on finding a path to restore extended display support on macOS.

Unfortunately, we are still unable to give dates for either a workaround or a complete solution. We will, however, update you on this thread as soon as we have further information to share.

We thank you for your patience as we work this problem.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:18 AM   #159
tommiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post

Finding a solution to this issue remains the highest business priority within DisplayLink.
Our teams are investigating several potential workarounds that could enable some level of extended desktop functionality to be restored in 10.13.4. In parallel, we are continuing to explore with Apple routes to a permanent and complete solution.

In the meantime, we have today released a second beta of our 4.3 driver. Installing this driver will enable cloning of the native display on DisplayLink connected screens.
4.3 Beta 2 improves the current workaround by preserving the primary display aspect ratio and allowing to select which screen is cloned in a multiple display setup.
We do not regard this as a long term solution and will continue to work hard on finding a path to restore extended display support on macOS.

Unfortunately, we are still unable to give dates for either a workaround or a complete solution. We will, however, update you on this thread as soon as we have further information to share.

Kind regards,
Alban

Ok that sounds like a commitment that the original capabilities will not be returned even when if a new driver is delivered. Guess it really is time to find the alternative.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:27 AM   #160
DevNull

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post

Kind regards,
Alban
Thank you for the update and your perseverance on this issue. We appreciate that it can be difficult to work with Apple on this given how closed they are so fingers crossed that a solution is forthcoming. I'm sticking with 10.13.3 until then as DisplayLink is a great product.
DevNull is offline   Reply With Quote