Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
harp

Default Gaming laptop performance with DisplayLink USB 3.0 dock on Windows 10

Hello,

I have Lenovo Y700 laptop with GTX 960M and Windows 10. I wanted to take full advantage of GPU using in the same time i-tec USB 3.0 docking station working with DisplayLink drivers for external displays.

I did test on Witcher 2 and 3Dmark 2011. I noticed the following diference in performance with and without DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 8.0 M2 drivers.

Without DisplayLink drivers:

- 3D mark score ~5600, graphics 5300, physics 8250, combined 5400, which is what expected from that hardware configuration,
- WItcher 2 working ~40FPS on Ultra, HD, which also is ok,

After DisplayLink drivers installation the following change takes place:

- 3D mark score ~3700, graphics 5450, physics 1762, combined 2153

So it can be noticed that graphics score stays unchanged and physics score detorates dramatically.

- Wicher 2 can work only when started in Windows 8 compliance mode, in another case it freezes just after start. The FPS performance stays at the same level, however sometimes screen freezes for few seconds.

Is it possible to setup drivers in the way, this configuration works with expected performance?
What is the reason of low physics score in 3dmark 11? Thanks in advance for help!

Last edited by harp; 09-18-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: graphics card type corrected
harp is offline   Reply With Quote