Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
cschanck

Default Are we getting anywhere with the Optimus issues?

So, I've got 3 different DL adapters. Rely on them everyday for my third monitor.

I have to uninstall the driver every night in order to run years old games like Fallout 3, or newer games like Skyrim, or Borderlands 2. For some games, they fail to start. Since the 7.5 release, they start, but refuse to use the NVIDIA GPU (I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX). Maddening.

This is such an enormous pain in the rear, as every install requires a restart (Windows 7 64-bit). I cleaned 9G of space on my hard drive this morning when I wiped out old installation store points. It is *clearly* the driver -- you don't need to have the device plugged in to have it kill your gaming. The driver, for whatever reason, eats D3D games for lunch. I wish for a big red button that would utterly disable the driver on demand.

The product works great when I am using it. But it enrages me every day when I try to not use it. If there was any competitor at all I'd switch, but DL is the only game in town.

So astonishing that the software continues to cause customers who like your product to hate the product.
cschanck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

We are trying to engage Nvidia on better compatibility between our technologies.

We're also looking internally at how we can work better with Nvidia graphics.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote