Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 11:52 PM   #21
MJTone

Default same situation, please post fix if found (thanks)

[QUOTE=Soccoach;80741]I have the EVGA UV+12 and after the anniversary update it is not working. It has been working quite well under Windows 10 until this update.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:16 AM   #22
romanshark

Unhappy DisplayLink 8.0 M1 not working on LGE L206WU Monitor

Hi guys!

After upgrading Windows 10 to Anniversary Update, my monitor LGE L206WU stopped working and only showed USB SAVE MODE and then is not detected in Screen Personalization under Windows Screen settings.

Yesterday, I reverted to previous build of Windows and then it worked again. Today I updated again to Anniversary Update, and stopped working again.

The monitor LGE L206WU Monitor device is under Screen devices, next to the graphics card device, instead of the former USB MONITOR device from previous versions of Windows, no yellow marks, no errors, driver updated to the latest version (8.0 M1) but still not working.

Any ideas? Maybe this model is no longer compatible with this new version of Windows?

Thank you!
Roman.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sin título.jpg (71.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:47 AM   #23
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanshark View Post
Hi guys!

After upgrading Windows 10 to Anniversary Update, my monitor LGE L206WU stopped working and only showed USB SAVE MODE and then is not detected in Screen Personalization under Windows Screen settings.

Yesterday, I reverted to previous build of Windows and then it worked again. Today I updated again to Anniversary Update, and stopped working again.

The monitor LGE L206WU Monitor device is under Screen devices, next to the graphics card device, instead of the former USB MONITOR device from previous versions of Windows, no yellow marks, no errors, driver updated to the latest version (8.0 M1) but still not working.

Any ideas? Maybe this model is no longer compatible with this new version of Windows?

Thank you!
Roman.
This is due to the same problem of the product being based on the DL-1x0 chip, covered in this thread.

Wim
Old 08-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #24
romanshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
This is due to the same problem of the product being based on the DL-1x0 chip, covered in this thread.

Wim
Thanks for the response!

I will check the support email I've received regarding this.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:25 PM   #25
dsa

Default Release notes say DL-1x0 hardware still supported

Hello Support,

Instead of belittling your long-time customers with condescending nonsense like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
For those who have a very old product (DL-1x0 chip), including products with PID 0x01AE, these chips were end of lifed 8 years ago but we will have a fix available. You may understand our priority was not to test on end products which were designed so long ago that Windows 10 wasn't even dreamed about...
perhaps you should fully test the products you state are supported in the release notes for your latest driver packages.

I have the same issue as others on Window 10 AU and understand that sometimes there are challenges with older hardware but don't talk down to your loyal users in the forum while at the same time stating in driver releases that their hardware is supported.

From the 8.0M1 Release Notes:

H. Supported Hardware
=====================
Devices supported:
- DL-6950
- DL-5500 / DL-5700 / DL-5900 / DL-5910
- DL-41xx
- DL-3100 / DL-3500 / DL-3700 / DL-3900 / DL-3950
- DL115 / DL125 / DL165 / DL195
- DL120 / DL160
Old 08-14-2016, 11:57 PM   #26
jacklabombe

I agree with DSA. I am managing a room full of these DL-1x0 chips (PID 0x01AE) and operated flawlessly until this Windows 10 Anniversary story.

Displaylink, please resolve this ASAP I need this working by the end of the month!!!
Old 08-15-2016, 08:51 AM   #27
lawrence.kerr

Default DL165 Failure

Waited for the updated driver release from DisplayLink and the same story, the usb gets found but driver fails to initialise. Have a small team full of these devices; upto 16 purchased from Maplin Electronics most inside the last 6 months as they did work with Windows 10. At approximately £50 each that is £800 which we just don't have the budget to replace this year. Currently have Anniversary Update deferred but some workstations already updated. Between DisplayLink and Microsoft you need to get your acts together.

PS I don't care about the 200 Billion devices you claim to have working with Anniversary Update but I do care about the 16 devices that consistently show the same error.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:06 AM   #28
rcorradini

Default Please Fix...

I agree....This is not fixed...I have 4 of these devices and all not working after win10 anniversary update on 2 different machines....When are you going to fix for the rest of us?
Old 08-17-2016, 07:37 AM   #29
Wim

Hi All

There are multiple issues being discussed in this thread. I understand the frustration that your devices no longer work and we are fixing this. To summarise, there are 2 problems in this thread:

There are devices based on the DL-1x0 family, originally made for Windows XP but we are still committing to supporting these devices. I suspect there are not many PC components you bought for XP and can still download the latest Windows 10 drivers for. We needed to get a driver out for Windows 10 Anniversary edition and support for these devices was something that was cut to make the date.

However we do have a fix, and these devices will be supported from 8.0 M2, released at the end of August. If you contact us at http://support.displaylink.com we can make a development build available now.

The other problem in this thread are devices that switch to mass storage, to auto install drivers. This affects a small number of products that have been available and is a more complex fix, as it is trying to make a device work that was never designed for Windows 10. We want to fix this in a release soon, but don't have a fix or a schedule yet.

I'm going to close this thread and make the subject fit the actual root cause before it turns into a dumping ground for many different problems that people are finding with Windows 10 Anniversary update.

Thanks

Wim
Closed Thread