Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release

Old 10-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #11
Martin

Really sorry for the lack of response guys, but DL dev is listening.

The bad news is that we have disabled Server 2008 R2 support due to various issues, so it will not work in the 5.2 product release. I'll ask around for the current status and respond next week.

Regards,

Martin.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #12
Slider-Override

Please release a Server 2008 R2 Driver,
Old 10-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #13
prologix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Really sorry for the lack of response guys, but DL dev is listening.

The bad news is that we have disabled Server 2008 R2 support due to various issues, so it will not work in the 5.2 product release. I'll ask around for the current status and respond next week.

Regards,

Martin.
You just lost a customer...fyi...and I'm sure many more will follow suite. Tell that to the developers.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #14
Wim

Dear All

At DisplayLink we have been reading this thread and understand how annoying disabling install on server versions has been for you all.

Due to commercial and contractual constraints introduced over the past few months on DisplayLink, we have had to pro-activly prevent install on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 platforms.

Unfortunately we cannot give any more details of the reasons for this at this time. However DisplayLink is continuously reviewing this situation and we want to try and find a solution that will solve this and prevent this frustration with users.

Thank you for your patience.

Wim
Old 11-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #15
Slider-Override

Thats Bad,

if you need a Beta Test for the 2008 R2 driver, send me a Mail oder PM,

but not in 2 years, since then I've designed for a different product in use.

Now I will put the expensive hardware into the closet again,
Old 11-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #16
steuk

Default Solved? :-)

Hello ladies and gentlemen!
It seems I figured out a little workaround: I had the problem on Win2003 server. You'll wonder: After getting the same error about my OS, i tried to start setup in compatibility mode (right-klick, properties, compatibility).
WinXP-Mode didn't work, but Win2k did! I'm running my MiMo 720 on Win2003 server now.
Greetings,
Steuk
Old 11-07-2009, 12:16 AM   #17
steuk

Default not quite yet :-/

Greetings. It seems I started yodeling too early - it doesn't work as I wish.
Exactly: After started in "win2k-mode", the driver has been installed and a 2nd monitor is listed in the display properties. Nevertheless, device manager lists a monitor named "none" (uh, there is a no-device plugged in. greetings from nietzsche!) and resolution of this none-monitor has only default values of eg. 640x480; correct resolution is not listed.

This all wouldn't matter.
BUT, ladies and gentlemen, the worst thing with this: The f....g device doesn't display anything!

Allright, so I don't have a sollution, too. But maybe this could be an approach for someone of you. I'd be lucky to hear about!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #18
Slider-Override

Quote:
Originally Posted by steuk View Post
Hello ladies and gentlemen!
It seems I figured out a little workaround: I had the problem on Win2003 server. You'll wonder: After getting the same error about my OS, i tried to start setup in compatibility mode (right-klick, properties, compatibility).
WinXP-Mode didn't work, but Win2k did! I'm running my MiMo 720 on Win2003 server now.
Greetings,
Steuk
Hi, Please tell me the driver version you have use for the Win2k Mode ? 5.2 RC ? 5.2 B1
Old 11-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #19
angrydeveloper

Default Unbelievable!!!!!!

When will this be fixed? There has to be a workaround; this is ridiculous.

I tried installing the package in a Win7 VM and moving the drivers back over to the server (along with several variations along that line), but to no avail. The architecture of the product doesn't appear to be straightforward enough for that.

I hadn't been able to find an add-in card that would give me a 3rd display port that works with my onboard VGA/DVI combo. Your USB adapter technology was the only one I'd been able to find that would allow them to coexist. I've now lost my 3rd monitor - again.

This is unacceptable. I now see that I'm not the only person experiencing this issue. If this is Microsoft you're fighting with, they should know they have tens of thousands of developers that use their server products for development. I am a legitimate user of 2008 R2 server; I downloaded and installed it as part of the Microsoft Gold Partner program.

If it's not Microsoft you're fighting with, then what's the use of your patent?

Please advise on my options and/or a timetable for resolution ASAP.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #20
Phil Meads

I have an ASUS VW223B that runs fine with DisplayLink 4.6.19729 on my DELL PowerEdge T608 with two quad core Opterons using Windows Server 2008 x64 (SP2)--running at 1680X1050. The main monitor is a 24" Samsung running at 1920X1200.

The problem comes when I try to add a third (and fourth) monitor using Diamond BVU160 display adapters. Adding a third causes both of the DisplayLink connected monitors to fail. There seems to be no way around this.

I did try, on another machine running Windows 7, to run these added monitors. The first worked fine (didn't even require a reboot), but adding the second caused a complete failure: blue screen of death!

I too am very anxious to have this problem solved. It seems to me to be relatively simple.

By the way, it appears that ASUS has dropped any relationship with DisplayLink; I am not surprised! There are a lot of people with DisplayLink trying to run on Windows Server 2008 x64. We deserve some help from DisplayLink!